TomTom Rider (V5. 2013)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hornet Pilot

Viper Pilot
Reaction score
Is anyone on here using the new TomTom Rider V5 (2013) model with the Tripmaster V3.1 auxiliary program installed? If so have you had an issues with the Tripmaster program?

I have the Rider but not the software. I use the included Tyre software and really like how it works and the ability to customize routes.

I have used Tyre as well and it works great. The Tripmaster s/w is a '3rd party' s/w developed by a fellow in France that provides a total screen display of your digital speed, large compass, accelerometer, max speed and average speed, inclinometer, etc. Check it out by searching on Google for Tripmaster. It's free software. I have used it for years on other models of TomTom Rider units but for some reason it seems to have problems running on the latest Rider which uses Navcore 9.5 operating system.

Is anyone on here using the new TomTom Rider V5 (2013) model with the Tripmaster V3.1 auxiliary program installed? If so have you had an issues with the Tripmaster program?
Don't know if it helps, have you tried using Tripmaster's hook?

Yup, sure have. that 'hook' is required to make Tripmaster work with Navcore 9.xx and to be honest, Tripmaster does indeed work well EXCEPT for that problem I mentioned where it will be working fine for a few minutes or even hours, and then starts to display the issues I mentioned. It just appears that Tripmaster loses the gps signal data while the basic TomTom keeps humming along just fine. Very strange!

Does the Tripmaster software work on a Tom Tom Rider 2nd Edition? I've never even heard of this--looks interesting.

Yes it sure does! Just go to the web site and follow the instructions and install it into the TomTom. I have used it on the 2nd edition of rider for many years and it works great.