Top Case Bracket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRO

Reaction score
Anyone have any word on the factory bracket for the top luggage case? Mine's been on back order for almost two months. They've changed shipping dates, repeatedly. My dealer's holding onto my top case and backrest, which are useless until the (apparently) redesigned bracket comes in. Does anyone have one, as of yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
My dealer told me today that Yamaha promised him a November 1, 2007 delivery date. I have docketed a 1 month status call-up in case he doesn't call me. Good luck!

Had the upgraded topcase mounting bracket and bottom reinforcing plate installed on my '05 at Yamaha of Stuart, Florida on September 20. The equipment was ordered about a month earlier. I was in and out of the dealer in about an hour and a half. There were no signs of cracking on either the original mounting bracket or the bottom of the topcase.

Bob

I registered so I could reply to your post, I was in the same situation 2 weeks ago as you, what you need to do is call Yamaha. I called them on Thursday Oct 11th and explained everything they called my dealer while I was on hold and worked everything out, I received the mounting plate on Tuesday Oct.16th, talk about customer support.

My guess is they have a limited supply in stock and are waiting for the rest of a production run before they release them, I would think all you need to do is call Yamaha's customer support and the problem will be solved. I can't remember the number though

I know Roseville yamaha has many on order. They deal them out in the order they were requested. I got mine after several months wait this week. The original equipment was used for much of 41k miles with no problems, however the new hardware really firms up the mounting of the case quite a bit. This should benefit the pillion in that the case doesn't flop around as much and hopefully wont slam into the pillion's back so hard when you go over a bump

Last edited by a moderator:
probably not what you are looking for, but I ordered this:

GPT.00.152.405 SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Topcase Adapter Plate (GIVI / Kappa Monokey) $30.00

GPT.06.498.100/S SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Yamaha FJR1300, '06-) silver - for Givi, Hepco-Becker, & Krauser topcases $124.99

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal $154.99

Shipping and handling $13.38

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total $168.37

from twistedthrottle.com and they shipped it the next day, then I ordered

Item: Givi E460N flat blackItem Number: RLGV-E460NQty: 1Price: $192.78--- Tax: $0.00 Shipping: $9.95 (Ground)Total: $202.73

from RL Motorcycles / RL Aviation

and I will be using this post:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...hl=luggage+rack

to put it all together, so that's $370 total, and its a solid metal toprack.

Kurt

Thanks, everybody. I wasn't aware of the backlog for the OEM case bracket, when I bought the bike. I wanted the Yamaha case, but if I'd known folks were waiting months for parts, I would have went with a Givi. Considering the cost of the factory case, and the time involved, I could have gotten a Givi with the brake light kit, had it painted to match, paid to have it mounted, bought a new set of tires, and probably still had enough left over for a tank of gas.

Last time I had problems with factory luggage, I swore to do just this. Maybe next time I'll find out beforehand, and decide acordingly.