Top Case Liner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Price

Reaction score
Does anyone have a top case liner same as the pannier bags , I am getting well pissed with the fight to make the top half of my stuff in the top box stay in position until the lid is closed , hopefully not trapping more stuff in the hinge. What a friggen stupid design , why not make the lid just that a lid instead of half the sides as well.

I may look at a light gauge Al sheet arrangement and fabricate some greedy board sides to help prevent this in future if I cant get my hands on a proper formed bag.

Does anyone have a top case liner same as the pannier bags , I am getting well pissed with the fight to make the top half of my stuff in the top box stay in position until the lid is closed , hopefully not trapping more stuff in the hinge. What a friggen stupid design , why not make the lid just that a lid instead of half the sides as well.
I may look at a light gauge Al sheet arrangement and fabricate some greedy board sides to help prevent this in future if I cant get my hands on a proper formed bag.
This guy does reasonably priced custom work in cordura. I have seen his work and it is professional and he can work off drawings and measurements to give you whatever you want, with compartments or whatever. I have no dog in the hunt, but appreciate his work:

https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=487221

I have the Yamaha top bag liner. Same material as the side bag liners. I find it works well.
Same here. The only time I don't use it is when I've got to pack a lot of stuff in there.

I saw them on the US Yammy site but at 100 US+ transport to Oztralia they are over priced thanks guys I am still looking.

Does anyone have a top case liner same as the pannier bags ,
I bought the HTL from bigbikeparts.com and it looks to be of good quality. Only cost $19.95. My top case is buried in the garage so I have not checked out how well it fills the Yamaha top case. I figured that I could not lose for that price. I also bought the cubby sacks for $10.95 which are light in weight figuring that they could be used in side cases or top case. They will also give you a free embroidered hat with the right code (I would have to look it up).

https://www.bigbikeparts.com/Inventory/Navi.../HTL?catalogNo=