Top case mount.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slade

Reaction score
Have an 08AE. Picked up an 04 case with mount. The mount seems to bolt right up to the existing holes through the tail rack. Very solid and the rubber bumpers seem to meet up fine. Only just a little flexing at the rear under where the case snaps down. Have a new rubber bumper all ready to be mounted to lessen the flex.

This seems way too easy....especially since there's supposed to be a specific mount for the 06->on.

Can't be this easy can it?

Thanks in advance.

Have an 08AE. Picked up an 04 case with mount. The mount seems to bolt right up to the existing holes through the tail rack. Very solid and the rubber bumpers seem to meet up fine. Only just a little flexing at the rear under where the case snaps down. Have a new rubber bumper all ready to be mounted to lessen the flex.
This seems way too easy....especially since there's supposed to be a specific mount for the 06->on.

Can't be this easy can it?

Thanks in advance.

If it fits and is secure I would say it can be that easy. I did think the mounts were slightly different from Gen I to Gen II, though.

It can be that easy.

Be aware of that the Gen1 mounting plates were subjet to a recall due to developing cracks at the left & right corners of the slot that the top case tongue slides into. The fix was thicker mounting plate plastic and a chunk of metal. Being a recall, it should be free if you need it.

Thanks to all who have replied. Even got a very informative PM.

The recall has been done. As always, better lucky than good, eh?