Top Case Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoCalFJR1300

Reaction score
Looking for a small top case for my 2008 FJR.

Can't spend much so I was looking at AMAZON and saw these cases for $25.00 or $35.00.

Looks like they got decent reviews so my question is does anyone know if they fit the FJR with the "universal" mount kit that they come with??

Anyone try one of these inexpensive cases before??

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do know that the box you are looking at is a Scooter box, right? I would be concerned about durability of something designed for a scooter used on a motorcycle.

You do know that the box you are looking at is a Scooter box, right? I would be concerned about durability of something designed for a scooter used on a motorcycle.
Scootor or motorcycle........I've seen the SHAD cases, they're just plastic, nothing special.

Have you seen some of the scooters out there...some are larger than 600CC bikes!

So, has anyone used any top cases on their FJR other than GIVI or SHAD or the stock Yamaha top case?

Was just wondering if anything else will work, and if it will connect with a "universal" mounting kit??

I've got a little different opinion than the others. The way I look at it is it's $25! Your spend ore than that going to the movies with your wife! If you like it give it a try. If it suck your only out $25.

Holy Hell...How hard is it to get a straight answer around here??

From the looks of the mounting plate, it looks like you could easily mount it to a PCA rack. If you don't already have a rack on your bike, I don't know that it'll work. IF you have a PCA rack, you may have to take it off, match it up and drill some holes.

If you have a Garauld rack, you could attach a thin piece of aluminum plate to it and then attach the universal mount to that. Same process with having to drill holes etc.

Hell, you live in California. You can buy it and try to mount it. If you can't get it to attach, I'm betting you can easily find someone with a scooter that will buy it. You won't be out much money.

I hope that answer is more helpful than the above baloney...Sheesh.

"I need to know if Walmart sells chocolate ice cream. Anyone know?"

"Well, I don't like chocolate ice cream."

"How come you don't want vanilla ice cream?"

"Ice cream is bad for you."

"When I was 5 I found out I was lactose intolerant."

You guys see the relation??

Holy Hell...How hard is it to get a straight answer around here??
From the looks of the mounting plate, it looks like you could easily mount it to a PCA rack. If you don't already have a rack on your bike, I don't know that it'll work. IF you have a PCA rack, you may have to take it off, match it up and drill some holes.

If you have a Garauld rack, you could attach a thin piece of aluminum plate to it and then attach the universal mount to that. Same process with having to drill holes etc.

Hell, you live in California. You can buy it and try to mount it. If you can't get it to attach, I'm betting you can easily find someone with a scooter that will buy it. You won't be out much money.

I hope that answer is more helpful than the above baloney...Sheesh.

"I need to know if Walmart sells chocolate ice cream. Anyone know?"

"Well, I don't like chocolate ice cream."

"How come you don't want vanilla ice cream?"

"Ice cream is bad for you."

"When I was 5 I found out I was lactose intolerant."

You guys see the relation??
AJ you need some Midol.
tonguesmiley.gif

Oh...I never said I wasn't a pain in the ass, but at least I answered the guy's question.

Gotta go...My mangina is really cramping up again.

I have the JC Whitney motorcycle trunk (also sold by Sears for a while) and the universal mounting plate attached to the OEM FJR luggage rack. It is a knockoff of a Givi trunk and cost $48. Actually, I have 3 trunks because you have to buy the trunk to get the mounting plate and I also have mounting plates on my C14 and S10 OEM luggage racks. I used to have trunks on each bike and move the contents from trunk to trunk when one day I had a vision that it would take a fraction of the time to move the trunk instead of the contents. Its not as fancy as a Givi but its waterproof and after 75K miles hasn't fallen off........yet.

If You drill down to the size of that box, it's 7.1 x 7.1 x 5.5 inches -- not much bigger than a lunch box.

Edit:

OK. There are some below it that are larger. But how much are you planning to carry? I wouldn't trust it with much.

Latest posts