Top Case size

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BwanaDik

Reaction score
I'm been looking around at what's available from Mama Yama for a top case liner. Apparently only available outside the U.S. (been discussed elsewhere). Looking at the different country sites, it appears the top cases are different sizes between the U.S. and elsewhere

1.83 ft3 = 51.8 L

Canada

Clicky

U.K.

Clicky II

U.S.

Clicky III

Top Case inner bag

Bag

So, are the top cases different sizes and if so will the inner bag from Canada be too small inside my U.S. top case?

Too bad that top case inner bag is not showing inside a Yamaha top case. :(

I was actually disappointed with my factory top case at first - kinda pissed it didn't fit two helmets - what were they thinking?

No it seems perfectly fine to me after month sof use.

I do like the look of the liner bag, though... so I might just order a bag - I know it'll fit (fabric and all), but will it fit well is the question. Might just have to take a run to Vancouver this weekend... :)

I noticed that the case was different but it didn't click when I first wrote this. The stuff outside the U.S. looks like Givi bags. Is that what you get when you order a top case if you're not in the U.S.?

No, I think they are the same...... the OEM one I have measures (approx.) 18 x 12 x 13 or 1.8 cu. ft. or 52 litres. I can't figure out how they come up with 39 litres.....

No, I think they are the same...... the OEM one I have measures (approx.) 18 x 12 x 13 or 1.8 cu. ft. or 52 litres. I can't figure out how they come up with 39 litres.....
Thanks for the info. I guess your's doesn't look like the Givi?

Can anybody else non-U.S. check their dimensions? I wonder what's up with the Givi looking trunk in the Yamaha catalogue?

Bikesniffer? Mactrophy?

1.83 ft3 = 51.8 L
So, are the top cases different sizes and if so will the inner bag from Canada be too small inside my U.S. top case?
They are all the same top case in the pictures, just the angle is different. The case shown with the liner is not a Yamaha top case though.

On the sizes, US Yamaha says 1.38 cu ft for 2006-2007. Then in 2008 or 2009 they started listing them as 1.83 cu ft. I think it is a dislexic sort of thing. Note that 1.38 cu ft = 39 liters!

1.83 ft3 = 51.8 L
They are all the same top case in the pictures, just the angle is different. The case shown with the liner is not a Yamaha top case though.

On the sizes, US Yamaha says 1.38 cu ft for 2006-2007. Then in 2008 or 2009 they started listing them as 1.83 cu ft. I think it is a dislexic sort of thing. Note that 1.38 cu ft = 39 liters!
I'll buy that..... makes sense to me.