Top-case, whudda ya thank

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shokdimn

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about getting a top-case with a back support. Came across these folks in my search for different brands, and designs, of top-cases.

https://www.vcanhelmet.com/trunks.html

Anybody have any experience with, or knowledge of, the brand of top-case they sell?

I’m not opposed to the Givi, just looking :detective2: for different brands/designs.

shokdimn :bike:

Realizing of course, many of the old axioms are true.

Price seems pretty good and it comes with LEDs - only carries one helmet so it can't be as big as the Givi V46. Personally I think it would look funky on the FJR, but that's a matter of taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
Copy that Geezer. I like the shape of the luxury model but prefer the size of the premium model with LED lights. Looking for something that will provide my wife with a backrest and have just enough room for us to toss a few things in for a daylong ride.

I like riding w/o saddlebags for daylong rides; but would appreciate the ability to toss a few things in a top-case. Also, for me, the break light :stop: feature on a top-case is a must.

For $106 out the door for the premium, it's hard to beat. And I'll go against the flow and say I like it beter than the bubble look of the Givi. But I like no topcase look even better....... just IMHO since you asked.

I called the # from the link that Skokdimn provided. They told me that there is no rubber gasket between the top and bottom lid but it does overlap so there shouldn;t be much leakage. I don't have a case yet and am considering rolling the dice on this one......price seems right.

I called the # from the link that Skokdimn provided. They told me that there is no rubber gasket between the top and bottom lid but it does overlap so there shouldn;t be much leakage. I don't have a case yet and am considering rolling the dice on this one......price seems right.

Almost seems............too cheap. Call me suspicious or maybe just a believer in "you get what you pay for. (Except when it comes to BMW's and Harley's )

Maywanna,

Which case did you ask about? Also, by chance, did you ask about the thickness of the case’s material?

I called on the vip. no I didn;t ask about the thickness. It looks like there are 2 different guys selling these. They probably both import them from china and are in competition.

I saw these on ebay before I picked up my fastbag. follow this link. It shows the same case for $50-$65 and your $115.

If the link does not work or listing is slow search ebay motorcycle trunk

This one ends tonight and is currently $12 color is white. Garald did a great job of color-matching my fastbag. Upon purchase it was canary yellow.

Thanks Fencer, hadn’t gotten around to checking Ebay for alternatives.

Maywanna,

Thanks for checking :detective2: on things and sharing your findings.

It seems, one of the oldest axioms (YGWYPF) as noted by Mogambo, at least in that particular incident has merit. I know it’s too much to expect high quality and good looks to go hand-in-hand with low, low-cost—as in significantly below normal market price. Ahh, but it would be nice to run across a real bargain occasionally, huh? :yes:

I’m not really bottom-fishing for the lowest price. I just want to find something that’s not too wide that would, for my taste in looks, favorably compliment the FJR’s style.

shokdimn :bike:

By the way, I still have about 9 or 10 LED light kits left for the Givi V46 if anyone is interested in one. I dunno if I will make any more after that, so if you think you want one, you need to let me know right away. I got the new production circuit cards and I am building up kits until my supplies run out.

The new kits will use Posi-Twist connectors and no longer will require any soldering and it connects to the bikes wiring via Posi-Tap connectors, so you don't have to do any splicing into your harness.

Photos are here:

https://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/givibrakelites

large.jpg

65047782large.jpg

large.jpg