Top case with lights?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

double_entendre

Reaction score
Folks!

I'm contemplating buying a top case for the back of my Feejer and was looking at the Givi based on some of the rave reviews here. The one thing I don't understand is "reflectors" on the trunk. My understanding is that those aren't lit, but that there is an optional lighting kit that reportedly border on pointless.

Do any of the trunks available for the FJR have integrated lighting that would make me more visible? Has anyone ever retrofitted lights to a Givi?

Thanks as always for the input guys. I did a search but didn't turn up anything too helpful.

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

After following a givi equipped FJR during much of EOM, I can attest that the givi light kit is about useless.

Double:

Just ordered and received a SHAD SH48 Top Case for my '06 FJR. They are made in Spain and the quality I think is near Givi. The cost is less too! I got the brake light and back rest with mine. Also, the mounting hardwar and plate come with the SHAD case which saves even more ;) . Obviously, I have not hooked my light up yet since the bike isn't here :angry: .

Here is where I got my SHAD case. Tell Claudio (the owner) that Jim from Tennessee sent you. There's nothing in if for me but Claudio has been most helpful in this project. He also sells several other products at very competitive prices.

https://www.adventuremotousa.com/products.htm

Check it out.

Fjrtn

I've seen an LED light bar retrofit but I don't recall where. Seems like it'd be easy to splice into if you've already wired the Givi kit but I haven't bothered yet.

The biggest thing I did to improve rear visibility at night is add that black reflective tape to the bags (bought the e-bay kit). The tapes look fine (black) in daylight but really lights up under direct light at night.

Double:
Just ordered and received a SHAD SH48 Top Case for my '06 FJR.  They are made in Spain and the quality I think is near Givi.  The cost is less too!  I got the brake light and back rest with mine.  Also, the mounting hardwar and plate come with the SHAD case which saves even more ;) .  Obviously, I have not hooked my light up yet since the bike isn't here :angry: .

Fjrtn
Oh very cool. I asked them to send me some literature, but that looks to be the right idea. Lights to keep the lunatics at bay (yeah, sure :unsure: ) and a backrest to keep the wife happy. This is the first motorcycle she's ever been on and when we've hit bumps/dips & such on the freeways I hear an "EEEEP!!!" from the back seat because she's afraid she might pop off the bike.

I know, I know; not likely at all :eh: but gotta keep SWMBO happy. Though the plan is to get her a bike of her own sometime in the next few months. We took the MSF class together recently and she enjoyed it and wants to ride now. I suggested this: https://tinyurl.com/8qu23 :lol:

Bob

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Double:

Glad you picked up on this. Please let us know what you end up with. I'm coming off a Goldwing GL1800. My wife wouldn't even consider riding now without all the creature comforts she is accustomed to ;) .

Fjrtn