Top gun shelf? I got today, but no instructions????

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZZZzz

Reaction score
If it were just a pair of longer bolts to switch , that would be simple, but naaaa.

It is as follows;

2-brackets-- easy enough

2- 1" long black plastic spacers

2- 1 1/2 " long screws

1-1" long screw

2- 3/8" long screws

2- 1/2 " long screws

2- nuts (for either pair of short screws)

2- small steel washers 1/2" round

1- white plastic washer 3/4" round

Does anyone have some pictures,(up close) on how it all goes together.

Otherwise it might need to get all the neighborhood kids away from my garage tonight, when I start swearing out-loud!!!

Thanks,

ZZzzz

"Ok, does a man ask for instruction or just play with it like a puzzle?"

Never asked for instructions; never thought it was a puzzle; always played with it!

Sorry, couldn't help it. :rolleyes:

Never asked for instructions; never thought it was a puzzle; always played with it!

"
Reminds me of a karaoke song; "The smokehouse was on fire, so I grabbed my meat and beat it!"

You just sort of try it different ways until you break something. Then you set it aside and go drink a cold beer.

I have a different shelf so I can't say for sure, but on mine the brackets go on the two rear corners, the spacers go between the ends of the brackets and the dash panels. You'll remove one screw on each side from the dash panels and use the long screws to go through the bracket end, spacer, and then the dash panel.

The front of the shelf gets the plastic spacer so it doesn't scratch your paint under the windscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dam Rider, I love your avatar, I could watch that for hours :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping:

Ok, first of all, I dont know what a gun shelf is so I can't be much help, but I do have to say that I carry mine (removable one) in a holster tucked in the side of my jeans. As far as the attached one, well its in the usual place, I think? :blink:

Ok, first of all, I dont know what a gun shelf is so I can't be much help, but I do have to say that I carry mine (removable one) in a holster tucked in the side of my jeans. As far as the attached one, well its in the usual place, I think? :blink:
I'm not talking about a gun shelf, but an above dash shelf from "Top Gun" Custom Fabrications for the FJR1300. From fjrgoodies.com/topgun/

wow, we are way off today!

I have a different shelf so I can't say for sure
So, ah, geezer I was doing a little searching trying to help out a little and found this post, check #3. ;)
Yep, you got me. I forgot mine was a Top Gun. :poster_oops:

I'll post a couple of pictures after work today so folks can see how mine is installed. It is simple once you see it, but kind of confusing when you are just looking at a bag of parts.

Here are some pictures of my Top Gun ECM shelf installed. I hope they help:

The shelf from the riders view

DSCF0407.jpg

The front cowling attachment. The nylon washer goes between the shelf and cowling.

DSCF0410.jpg

The right side bracket

DSCF0411.jpg

I used a small Tech Mount to mount my Garmin 2720. The yellow ball acts as a shock absorber :)

DSCF0409.jpg

I hope the pictures help.