Touch-up paint for 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveoreno

Reaction score
What is the official color for the 2013 and is there any touch-up bottle's available? I'm sure it's out there somewhere.

I got mine from my dealer. It is stone grey, but I just gave the parts guy the year. Do not recall the price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I'll be picking some of this up over the winter. The reverse speed drop against a guard rail in VT makes me almost cry every me I see it.

I wonder if the touch-up paint is as soft and velvety as the Gen3 factory stuff
rolleyes.gif

IMHO, you should buy a 2 oz bottle of Colorrite touch-up paint and paint it proper with a real spray gun and catalyzed clear topcoat. If you do not have the equipment and clear urethane, have the local body repair shop do it. Rattle can paint will never be hard as the 2-part paint and will be softer than the factory paint.

IMHO, you should buy a 2 oz bottle of Colorrite touch-up paint and paint it proper with a real spray gun and catalyzed clear topcoat. If you do not have the equipment and clear urethane, have the local body repair shop do it. Rattle can paint will never be hard as the 2-part paint and will be softer than the factory paint.
I was looking at the color rite aerosol kit for $89 but I have a deep 4" scratch on lower fairing that will likely require a little bit of body filler so I am now thinking I will need to buy the base coat in a bottle plus primer and primer adhesive promoter plus clear coat...