touchup paint for 2006 FJR AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Zel

Reaction score
I just bought new 2006 FJR AE and love it but had slight acident did not relise how bags hang out and was backing up between my cars as I have for years as I comute to work. Well new bike fresh paint shiney and new well short story bumped bag on my truck and got small chip in paint vary small looked like rock chip. :(

So I went down to Yamaha shop were just bought bike week before. ;) Well thay told me that yamaha has no touchup paint to go to Color Rite on web for paint well I did, thay had my paint but I wanted some touchup paint not to buy there factory $20.95 plus shipping :huh: for touchup jar vary small amount also want me to buy clear and primer or paint won't cure corectly according to them another 20 or 30 bucks :angry: .

I had read on the forum that duplacolor has paint that came close to color on dark blue FJR s and wondered if anyone with A 2006 AE may have auto store that has a large selection of touchup paint in there town where thay could check or Know the color that is close to the new FJR AE color ( I have vary small selecton in my town I will be going to Austin and look and will post color if I find it there) ? :unsure: will be vary happy if someone has color or can help me :yahoo:

Ok I'm not sure I can help you but what I did was to take one of my hard bags into a local car parts/paint store and they used their magic camera to match it. Took a day to get and matched perfectly. Cost $8.95 for a touch up bottle.

Ok I'm not sure I can help you but what I did was to take one of my hard bags into a local car parts/paint store and they used their magic camera to match it. Took a day to get and matched perfectly. Cost $8.95 for a touch up bottle.

thanks for the idea good one sometimes simple is better

I used GMC "Indigo Blue" in a touch up container from a local auto store, after reading about here on the forum, and it is DAMN close.