Tour Master heated liner ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster19

Reaction score
I've only had my Tour Master jacket liner for 2 days, but have noticed it gives off a small static type shock (about as much as a carpet type shock). It doesn't do it when plugged in or all the time, only after you have used it. I grabbed it from the closet and noticed a small shock and after my wife tried it out and I unplugged it, she was taking it off and said, "hey, I think I felt a shock".

I would think this is not normal.

Dave

I would suspect static -

If the vest is unplugged, there is no capacitive capability in any of that gear - so it wasn't from the electronics.

I would suspect static -
If the vest is unplugged, there is no capacitive capability in any of that gear - so it wasn't from the electronics.

I will keep you updated. Dessert Valley Sports (fjrgoodies.com) Glenn is calling about it tomorrow to see what Tour master thinks.

Dave

I would suspect static -

I will keep you updated. Dessert Valley Sports (fjrgoodies.com) Glenn is calling about it tomorrow to see what Tour master thinks.

Dave
I'll bet it's static also. My Aerostitch liner or coat doesn't shock me, but my work shirt sure does. It's some kind of synthetic material and when I take it off it developes some serious voltage. It's painfull to discharge through the fingertips so I make sure to touch something with the back of my hand where the pain is less.

I also used to have the same problem with my truck's cloth seats. After sliding off the seat while getting out I used to get a serious jolt when I grabbed the door to close it. I even tried it at night once and there was a cool arc between my finger and the door frame. :blink: Solution was to hold the door while getting out so that no charge could be built up.

Or maybe it's just your electifying personality? :yahoo:

Static Guard (the stuff in a spray can) sounds like it'd make a good companion for you.

The shock I get from my heated vest is nothing compared to the one I get every time I get out of my Ford F250. :angry2: