Tour Master - Winter Elite Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of the Tour Master Winter Elite gloves. They seem pretty nice, but before I go and use them, and therefore commit to keeping them, I thought I would see if anyone here has a set, and what you think of them.

Thanks.

I have a pair of the Winter Elite gloves and like them...I don't have any handguards or grip heaters and especially appreciate the "retractable" cover in cold/wet weather. I have size large but should have gotten x-large.

I have a pair. I do have the V-Strom guards on however...On a 35 degree day my hands never got uncomfortable on my 20 mile ride to work. Realisticly, any five finger unheated glove is only usefull to about that temp no matter who makes it. So for any rides in weather colder than that you might find your hands getting cold with the TM gloves.

KM

Thanks guys. I have the hand guards on my bike as well, and my normal summer gloves work well down to about 40 degrees for me. Sounds like these should do the trick for the colder days.

Used these gloves on the way in to work this morning, and overall I would give them 4.5 stars out of 5. Keeping in mind that I have a Gerbing electric jacket liner, which helps to keep my core temp up, I can say that my hands never got past feeling even slightly cool, and the temp was down to 26 in some areas with an average of 30 degrees. I rode for about 45 minutes, with 1/3 of that time being stop and go in the city, and 2/3 being time on the highway at about 75 to 80 MPH. (The bike makes me go fast) I have the hand guards on the bike, so I am sure they also helped, but these gloves are better than any of the other ones I have used so far.

Yes, they are a little bulky, but they are cold weather gloves so that is to be expected. The gauntlet on them is HUGE, but that was OK for me since it made them easy to get over the arms of my Aerostich suit. I think these gloves are about as good as it gets, without going to electric gloves.

Last edited by a moderator: