Tour Master

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstaff

tstaff
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of the Tour Master Caliber pants.

31 degrees on my way in to work this morning & they work great.

I don't even have the liners in them yet, I feel like I should be able to extend my riding even into the teens, as long as it's dry. :D

I just picked up a pair of the Tour Master Caliber pants.31 degrees on my way in to work this morning & they work great.

I don't even have the liners in them yet, I feel like I should be able to extend my riding even into the teens, as long as it's dry. :D
:D I rode to work also this morning.....a bit nipply :blink: Picked up a new Fieldsheer coat and pants(color matched blue) this fall at Fingerlakes rally. Nice and toasty except for my hands...cold weather gloves too bulky....fair weather gloves too cold!!

Thinking about some heated gloves...don't think grips would be enough(although I've never used them, other than on a few test rides)

These guys whining about heat on an '05 are nuts :dribble: I'll take all the heat I can get on a NE Ohio October morning!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice and toasty except for my hands...cold weather gloves too bulky....fair weather gloves too cold!!

Thinking about some heated gloves...don't think grips would be enough(although I've never used them, other than on a few test rides)

I've got a pair of Alpinestars SR-3 Drystar gloves that I picked up for wet weather, they are lined & waterproof & no wind gets thru them, they are not to bulky, & plenty warm up to this point.

Hey "T", how would you rate the Tour Master pants as far as getting them on and off? I have a pair of overpants that are PIA to get on and off if you have shoes on. It looks like the TM pants have full length zippers?

-jwilly

Hey "T", how would you rate the Tour Master pants as far as getting them on and off? I have a pair of overpants that are PIA to get on and off if you have shoes on. It looks like the TM pants have full length zippers?
-jwilly
Hi Jason,

Zippers come 3/4 of the way up, pretty easy on & off over jeans & boots, just don't forget to put your wallet in a outside pocket. Had to get half undressed at the gas station to get to my credit card.

Hi Jason,

Zippers come 3/4 of the way up, pretty easy on & off over jeans, just don't forget to put your wallet in a outside pocket. Had to get half undressed at the gas station to get to my credit card.

LOL, I think everyone has done that as well as getting full gear on and realizing that you keys are in your pocket.

Appreciate the feedback because I was getting ready to buy those same pants from newenough.com

-jwilly

I'm still looking for some overpants with a removable liner and looked at the Caliber pants, nice, but with the liner out, they seem like they wouldn't be any cooler in the summer than my TM overpants.

I looked at the TM Venture pants, may be what I would go with, just that even with just shoes on when I tried them on at a local shop, with the liner in, it was difficult to get the pants on. Wish they had a full-lenght zipper like the original overpants!

Hey guys, it's been a year. How did the TM Saber pants hold up? Still using them? How cold was too cold?

I'm thinking about getting a pair and want to do a trip from Louisiana to central Illinois in early December if snow isn't predicted. So, would Saber pants keep me warm enough at say 30 degrees for 12 hours on the slab?

Hey guys, it's been a year. How did the TM Saber pants hold up? Still using them? How cold was too cold?
I'm thinking about getting a pair and want to do a trip from Louisiana to central Illinois in early December if snow isn't predicted. So, would Saber pants keep me warm enough at say 30 degrees for 12 hours on the slab?

I still use them everyday below 40F.

They are holding up very well, still like new.

Haven't found a need to put the liner in yet.

Ridden in temps down into the teens but only commute 15 miles.

Well worth the money IMO.

I've got the tourmaster venture pants and I think they would be good down single digits. With the liner you could use them for snowmobiling. But they are too heavy for anything over 70. I think next year will be venture air over jeans.

I have the yammie heated grips on my 05. Riding in the 30's is ok with unlined leather gloves. In fact I can't even run the grips on High, as its too hot. Temps below that and the topside of your hand will be cold and the inside will be hot (weird feeling) so out come the Hein Gericke insulated gauntlets and all is good.