Tour Pack Key Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torn 14

Reaction score
I bought my '07 from the original owner but cannot locate the extra lock barrel that I'm understanding is for if the owner decides to order the tour pack. Well, I found a decent deal on eBay for the tour pack, now I just need some advice on the easiest way to get it re-keyed. Thanks!

I bought my '07 from the original owner but cannot locate the extra lock barrel that I'm understanding is for if the owner decides to order the tour pack. Well, I found a decent deal on eBay for the tour pack, now I just need some advice on the easiest way to get it re-keyed. Thanks!
There is an article in the site https://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TriumphTrophy/ which does explain this on a Triumph, the link is files->pannier repair->keylock.html

If this link works for you, great, otherwise join that forum, then follow the link files->pannier repair->keylock.html, this may well give you the information you want.

Other than that, find a competent locksmith.

Do yourself a big favor and skip the Yamaha trunk. Get a color matched GIVI trunk instead. Much better...

Been There, Done That, (no tee shirts were available).

Do yourself a big favor and skip the Yamaha trunk. Get a color matched GIVI trunk instead. Much better...
Been There, Done That, (no tee shirts were available).
Too late for that - bought a brand new color-matched one on eBay with the passenger pad on it also. Saved some money over Yamaha's retail price and the passenger pad was a must. Hopefully this thing isn't [SIZE=14pt]too[/SIZE] inferior of a product...... :unsure: I did read about the tour pack recall requiring Reinforcement Plate Kit Part # 5VS-PLATE-KT-00.

If the trunk already has a lock in it, just remove it and take it to a lock smith. There are 2 little torx screws holding in the lock.

If there is no lock in the trunk, you will need to purchase a pair of locks from your favorite dealer. It will come with screws and a pair of keys that won't match the rest of the bike. You can either get the lock rekeyed before installing or deal with having to use 2 keys for the bike.

The other option is to beg for somebody on the site to sell you a lock that they are not using. Good luck with that.

I recently spent about hundred bucks on this. Paid $88 for locks and under $20 for the lock smith.

QUOTE (Big-B @ Aug 1 2008, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If the trunk already has a lock in it, just remove it and take it to a lock smith. There are 2 little torx screws holding in the lock.
If there is no lock in the trunk, you will need to purchase a pair of locks from your favorite dealer. It will come with screws and a pair of keys that won't match the rest of the bike. You can either get the lock rekeyed before installing or deal with having to use 2 keys for the bike.

The other option is to beg for somebody on the site to sell you a lock that they are not using. Good luck with that.

I recently spent about hundred bucks on this. Paid $88 for locks and under $20 for the lock smith.
Thanks for the tips, Big-B!! It should be coming with a lock in it so I'll just remove it and look to have it rekeyed.