Touring screen for FJR any Aussies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

Reaction score
G'Day

I would like to get a larger screen for my 06 FJR ,but have never seen one and dont know anyone that has one.

They are a bit hard to get here in Australia , I do know of a couple of place that will make me one ,but I have to tell then size , never having seen or riden a bike with a larger screen thats a hard question to answer

Can anyone point me in the right direction regards size and maybe where to get one in Oz

I did sent a e-mail to Cee-Bailey in the US but have had no reply yet .

I am 6 ft tall and have the seat in the highest postion .

Thanks Regards Jacko

jacko --

i am 6', and have a cee bailes +2 flip -- i ride with the seat in the lower position -- this almost allows 100% coverage. If I had to do it over -- I'd get a +3 +3

Search for V-Stream, Rifle, Baileys

Or try here: Clicky

I got my screen from Eagle Screens in Perth.

It works well, I am 6'5" and so I got it 4" (100mm) taller.

He will make it any height you want, up to a maximum of (130mm) taller, I think.

The site is HERE

The part # for the 06 is Y-94-M

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my screen from Eagle Screens in Perth.
It works well, I am 6'5" and so I got it 4" (100mm) taller.

He will make it any height you want, up to a maximum of (130mm) taller, I think.

The site is HERE

The part # for the 06 is Y-94-M
Hello mate from FNQ

I'm just about to pick my 06 up...

I hear that the best screens are made by a mob in California...

Windscreens

Rgds

Glenn

G'Day Guys

I have been doing some research on these wind screens for my 06 FJR .

Cee Baileys asked for my hight and inseam measurement . 6 ft tall and 34" inseam

and they recommended a screen +5in high and +6in wide and California Scientific

website says for 6 ft tall rider a screen of +3.5 high and 24.5 in width low and 15 in width high

There is a big difference in the 2 screens . Has anyone got experience with either of these screens or any other size

Thanks Regards jacko

Hey Jacko -

Yamaha dealers offer a taller windscreen option on 06 models - I got the spiel when I picked mine up recently.

G'Day Guys I have been doing some research on these wind screens for my 06 FJR .

Cee Baileys asked for my hight and inseam measurement . 6 ft tall and 34" inseam

and they recommended a screen +5in high and +6in wide and California Scientific

website says for 6 ft tall rider a screen of +3.5 high and 24.5 in width low and 15 in width high

There is a big difference in the 2 screens . Has anyone got experience with either of these screens or any other size

Thanks Regards jacko
G'day Jacko,

I know what you mean about things being hard to get a look at / compare before shelling out readies here in AU. Seems we are restricted to the narrow variety in choice of products & brands that the distributers are willing or able to take a risk on.

I've been doing a bit of research on screens too and the general consensus is the line from CALIFORNIA SCIENCE USA (calsci.com) I think. To that end we ordered one for our machine and we received it 2weeks to the day after placing the order on the net and it came intact with no delivery problems at all. We selected a TALL even though I'm 177cm and the boss is even shorter 'cause I like the quiet zone to be there even with the screen down and that way we can stay a lot drier if it ever rains again!!!! Hope our experience gives you some confidence in order from O.S.

[

G'day Jacko,

I know what you mean about things being hard to get a look at / compare before shelling out readies here in AU. Seems we are restricted to the narrow variety in choice of products & brands that the distributers are willing or able to take a risk on.

I've been doing a bit of research on screens too and the general consensus is the line from CALIFORNIA SCIENCE USA (calsci.com) I think. To that end we ordered one for our machine and we received it 2weeks to the day after placing the order on the net and it came intact with no delivery problems at all. We selected a TALL even though I'm 177cm and the boss is even shorter 'cause I like the quiet zone to be there even with the screen down and that way we can stay a lot drier if it ever rains again!!!! Hope our experience gives you some confidence in order from O.S.

Thanks Smurff

I have ordered a Cal-Sci tall screen and it was sent on the 18 th

we will see how it goes

Where are you in Oz Smurff , Im in westgippsland near Warragul

catch ya Jacko

I have a windshield with a flip feature from this OZ company.

www.eaglescreens.com.au

I bought it a long time ago from someone on the forum, at the time I was running the stock shield. My bike is an '04 BTW. It did not work well at all and I had severe buffet problems with it.

(This screen was the catalyst behind the farkle) Until I added my spacer kit that is. It completely transformed this shield and is damn near as quiet as my Vstream at speed now. I'm keeping it as a backup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy New Year Jacko,

Hope you're as happy with your new screen as we are. We fitted ours just before xmas and went on a test run - XXX Kms/Hr visor up no probs !!!

We are on a little bit of land in the Adelaide Hills about 40 mins from the city. Have rellies in Merrimbula so we may get over towards your area in the near future.

Cheers Smurffs

Happy New Year Jacko,Hope you're as happy with your new screen as we are. We fitted ours just before xmas and went on a test run - XXX Kms/Hr visor up no probs !!!

We are on a little bit of land in the Adelaide Hills about 40 mins from the city. Have rellies in Merrimbula so we may get over towards your area in the near future.

Cheers Smurffs
Yeah G'Day to you Smurffs

My screen turned up on the 28th.

My first thought was shyte its big , it fitted up no probs and I am more than happy with it

I did notice more back pressure than with the std screen ,but its not a problem

If ya ever looking for a overnight half way stop or just a cup of coffee on ya way to Merrimbula send me a PM and I will look after ya no probs .

Catch ya Regards Jacko