Tourmaster Heated Gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skifrik

Reaction score
I bought my wife a pair of Tourmaster Synergy Heated gloves, and she noticed that the thumbs are not heating and the lights on the controller are not working. Has anybody had similar issues with there's. Are the thumbs supposed to heat?

The thumb heat is minimal at best. I can't recall any definite feeling of heat on the thumb. Can't recall my thumb being all that cold either.

The controller LED problem I saw a lot the first time I tried using them. The controller has some auto-sensing circuitry to shut it down in case of low battery voltage. Try getting everything hooked up, bike started and all, then press the RESET button first before turning anything on. That helped mine tremendously and seemed to clear up the operation.

One more thing worth noting. Seems the controller on the gloves is very sensitive to battery voltage. If you are using something like Gerbing or Widder heated hear elsewhere on the bike at the same time, the severe voltage drop they cause at low RPM will trigger the glove controller to shut down. Doesn't seem to be a problem with other Synergy heated gear because the carbon fiber elements don't have that initial burst of current drain like the nichrome stuff does.

Last edited by a moderator:
My controller shuts off intermittently while im on my gixxer but it stays on while riding the fjr. I thought this was a connection problem but thats interesting what Ashe said about voltage. I hate the gloves, i remember my thumb being freezing, id try to push it up against the grip warmers. They're bulky, my hands sweat but aren't warm, and I can barely feel heat from them on high.

However I love the vest. It has kept me cozy on many cold cold days. If i had to do it again I prolly would go with another brand. Oh and if you have both vest and gloves on the wiring is a mess.