Tourmaster rainsuit and gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

git-r-dan

one of those musician types
Reaction score
Tourmaster Elite Series II 1-Piece Rainsuit ($67.49) and GX WP Glove ($29.99)

h_l0_red.jpg
GX20WP.jpg

Ordered these through powersportequipment and waited due to back order. Ordered the rain suit xxl because of info that their rainsuits fit small. When it arrived, it was the size of two islands. Powersport's customer service was excellent and after sending it back, the new suit and back ordered gloves arrived for my trip to AR. Put them on before arriving in Atlanta where the downpour began. As soon as the rain soaked through the gloves, my hands started to become cold and wet. Then, the shock of all shocks...the cold rain touched the boys! :eek: So, I steered my way to an Eckerd's to find a pair of latex gloves and check out the leak down below. Tried to put the gloves back on and the inside liner to each finger had to be re-fitted back in taking forever. :angry2: After a good visible inspection, determined that everything was/is secured down below and now back on the road. Again, INCOMING! I put a towel to block the wind driven rain from entering the bottom of the zipper area and proceeded to Birmingham, AL through the tornados, hail, flying cows, wind and rain. Will make the call to Powersports after the holidays for the return. Why would you make a rain suit that leaks and why would you call your gloves water-proof when the water is allowed in? Don't get it.

Yeah, Yeah, I know, you get what you pay for.

Here's Tourmaster's lingo on the waterproofing of their gloves: "A waterproof/breathable barrier allows the glove to ventilate while maintaining waterproof properties" :lol:

git-r-dan :beach:

that sucks.

I drove through 9 hours of solid rain on an unfaired bike with:

• Sidi on-road sympatex boots
  • Joe Rocket Ballistic 3 jacket
  • Columbia Convert snowboard pant
and was the only one dry in the bunch. (BTW -- don't remember what gloves i had on, probably JR waterproof ones)
as for getting what you pay for -- the Sidi's are way expensive, but I've had them for about 7 years or so -- still in good shape, and continue to keep me dry. when they finally wear out, i will definately be looking for another pair.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only guess was through the zipper at the bottom. I wore my Yamaha winter rainsuit the next day and it has a inside flap between the zipper and you. The inside flap goes up to the waistline. This suit is too hot in the summer. I arrived in AR with the temp at 32 and all I can say is that Yamaha suit is awesome. picky's

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a Frogg Toggs Elite suit and loved it until I washed it and now it leaks, in the crotch, just like yours. I'm in the process of retreating with Nixwax. It is a breathable material.

Couldn't find another one in the wifes size so got her a Tourmaster top and bottom rainsuit. It's freaking plastic, doesn't breath (although they say it does), and is hot, if it's hot out. Not recomended.

I have a Tourmaster top and bottom rainsuit. Although hot on a hot, sunny day it is dry on a rainy day. And, it makes a great top layer on a cold, rainy day...personal experience.

BP - Do the bottoms have a zipper? How does a separate top and bottom keep you dry when riding in a downpour of rain doing 60 mph?

The full length suit looked great and it provided moisture protection everywhere else except where the zipper began at the bottom. They just needed to spend $5.00 more on the design. <_<

BP - Do the bottoms have a zipper? How does a separate top and bottom keep you dry when riding in a downpour of rain doing 60 mph?
The full length suit looked great and it provided moisture protection everywhere else except where the zipper began at the bottom. They just needed to spend $5.00 more on the design. <_<
My Tourmaster bottoms do not have a zipper. They have an elastic waist w/ suspenders. The jacket is 3/4 length and there is a significant overlap. However, I have only worn the bottoms in the rain on one occasion. Normally, I wear my Joe Rocket Ballistic pants...when the rain begins, I put the rain jacket on and that, w/ the JR pants, has kept me dry. I recently rode from Johnson City, TN to Meridian, MS in the cold rain. When I got to my hotel room, my Joe Rocket waterproof gloves were soaked, hands were cold but otherwise, I was dry.

Rain Pants