Tourmaster Transitions 2 and Hot Weather

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiveG

Reaction score
I'm looking at a two day ride where the forecast is hot (high in mid to upper 80s) but also rain. But for the rain, I'd go with mesh. But, my trustee Transitions 2 could handle the rain, provided I didn't broil.

So, has anyone used a Transitions 2 jacket in 80-90 degree weather? If so, is it nice/tolerable/hell?

Thanks.

Don't have room for both? Any weather proof jacket I wear feels a little muggy, but I suppose it's better than getting soaked. I'm sure it'll be ok as long as you're moving and you have the vents open.

Dude, get off the wuss train.

I've wore my Transitions '1' in 110+ heat. No, it ain't exactly pleasant but it's better than most at higher temps.

The most important part is your mindset. You can either let weather that's (too hot, too cold, too wet, too blah, blah, blah) spoil your fun, or just deal with it and decide your gonna have a good ride.

Yes, it really is that simple.

That will be $1.

The most important part is your mindset. You can either let weather that's (too hot, too cold, too wet, too blah, blah, blah) spoil your fun, or just deal with it and decide your gonna have a good ride.
Yes, it really is that simple.

That will be $1.
And worth every penny :p

FWIW, I totally agree with you. Suck it up and RIDE

ME

T2 with a T shirt and all the zips open works fine for me here in the muggy Mississippi River part of Missouri. Up to about 95 degrees.

Mesh and rain gear are OK, except in a few minutes, I feel about as wet inside as I would without the rain gear and using mesh alone.

Still. if I was starting in the rain, and knew I was going to be rained on all day, I'd go with the mesh and rain gear.

I switch out my T2 in the late spring early summer. I have already stored my T2 and I'm using the mesh. If you have a cool vest, use it. I'm a CBA rider and don't like wearing the T2 in high 80's low 90's.

Good luck.

I'm finding the T2 a little different when riding my FJR compared to my SV since the FJR has so much more frontal protection, it allows me to warm up a lot more. I also have the big Rifle windscreen which was mounted on the bike when I picked it up. That really had me cooking. Now, I'm back in love with the T2's pipeline ventilation since I put the OEM windscreen on the bike so, with a shorter screen, the T2 is great in hot stuff. With a big screen....maybe not as good.

I never had a problem getting overheated in my T2 when using the stock windshield. However, when I installed my new V-stream, it seems the vents on the jacket don't get enough air flow to keep me comfortable. I'm now looking for a warm weather jacket.

I never had a problem getting overheated in my T2 when using the stock windshield. However, when I installed my new V-stream, it seems the vents on the jacket don't get enough air flow to keep me comfortable. I'm now looking for a warm weather jacket.
I guess I should be glad I haven't yet changed by stock windshield (which I actually liked riding in the rain yesterday).

Thanks, all.

I have a T2 jacket and it's ok but is actually hotter than my 1-pce 'Stich... so that's what I use when I'm on a long summer trip rather than the Transition.

YMMV, etc...

Griff

I ride in 80's with the T2. It all depends on your windshield. When I moved to the calsci windshield it took care of the wind on long rides but I cook even with a t shirt underneath. For local driving I put on the stock screen and the T2 vents are full of air, but the stock would have killed my head on a 1500 mile trip in the rain I just completed. most of the time I was 80+mph and sometimes 90+ cruising, needed the bigger windshield. I am looking at a new Flex jacket for hot weather.

If you're running with the vents open, you should be fine. The weather here is kind of unpredictible, and what starts out as a 40 degree morning can turn into a 100 degree afternoon. I have a black T2 and wear it all the time. Don't forget to open the lower back vents. They let a lot of heat out. When you stop, shed the jacket quick and you'll reduce how much you sweat.

Have fun!

You have to get the Transition in the air for the smallish vents to work. I made it a couple seasons with one, but added a mesh for above 80. Wife has a Flex, maybe a better choice if you only want one jacket.

Windshield disclosure: I have a VStream with spacers.

Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, my T2 spends most of its time in the closet. I don't think it's a very good warm weather jacket. I've worn it in the 80s plenty of times, and while serviceable, I can't spend any time in public before I shower.

If I knew it was going to be the 80s, I'd definitely go mesh and carry a rain liner. And to be honest, if it's in the 80s and raining, I think the rain feels pretty nice and I normally would leave the liner packed.