Towing Insurance For Motorcycles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone can suggest the correct towing insurance for our JFR's
Is a JFR like a JFK? :haha:

Sorry, couldn't resist. No data on towing bikes, I've allways use the "honey, come to ______ and bring my truck and the ramp" or the buddy with aq truck method.

I guess I should look into it since my 276c will be here Monday. :D

I guess I should look into it since my 276c will be here Monday
What 276c are you talking about? :p

It is JFR like c672 I guess, but what the heck, you were able to read it and understand what I meant, thanks for looking it up.

My AAA Plus told me first that it does cover the motorcycle, now they tell me it covers it if they insure it only which is B.S.

I guess I have to look for another towing option. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
My AAA Plus told me first that it does cover the motorcycle, now they tell me it covers it if they insure it only which is B.S.
I had better check this out as I just switched from MTS to AAA and I do NOT insure the bike through AAA. I was told that as long as I was a AAA member then the motorcycle towing through AAA Plus was in force. Thanks for the heads up.

I was told that as long as I was a AAA member then the motorcycle towing through AAA Plus was in force. Thanks for the heads up.
yeap, I was told the exact same thing, trying calling the phone number on your AAA Plus card and tell them you need your motorcycle tow and see what happens! ;)

car-bike.jpg

Is that the AAA tow truck. :p

I have the MTS service. They gave me 2 years for the price of one. I have not used them so I can't say how good ( or bad) they are. I think its good peice of mind when I am a long way from home. :cownoy:

I always wondered what AAA used for a motorcycle tow vechile. :huh: I use MTS and got two years for $40. Never used them but I like the peace of mind. As for AAA, I thought you had to have the AAA RV+.

The only time my bike was towed they did $750 damage to it.................Now I had 2 claims which caused my rates to double......What a deal!!!

You DO NOT WANT TO EVERY MAKE A CLIAM!!!!! COMPRENDE??????? Call the dealer up, tell him you got a $100 extra bucks for one of his employees if he can spare em long enough to come pick up your bike.....

THey'll be out there in 30 minutes...

I use AAA Premiere with motorcycle coverage here in SoCal.

I've never had to use it for the FJR, but I broke a clutch cable on my 2002 Drifterm 800 a couple years ago and they used a flatbed to bring it home.

No drama, no problems

AAA is definitely worth it.

I was a member of AAA here in Texas and needed a tow truck.......the conversation went something like,,,,I'f your gonna pay cash, we can put at the top of the list, but if you want to use AAA to pay for it.......it's gonna be a couple of hours....

Towing insurance is worthless!!!!!! COMPRENDE?????????

I signed up with KOA Roadhelp, which is actually a re-badged Allstate service. Read all about it at https://www.koa.com/rvroadhelp/. I had researched a bunch of different services, and while on the spendy side of the spectrum, I felt KOA had very good benefits with less restrictions than the other plans.

I also looked at:

Allstate Motor Clubs

MTS Premier, Deluxe, Cold Country

Autoclub

AMA Motow & Motow Plus

CycleServices

BrosClub (same basic deal as CycleServices)

Some of my key deciding factors:

• Some plans limit you to one or two motorcycles. Some even limit you to a SPECIFIC bike that you tell them about (MTS does this). That's bad for borrowed or rented bikes, or to use your own policy to tow a buddy's bike (say you had borrowed it). Some limit you to 1975 and newer bikes, which is not a problem for me now but who knows what the future holds. KOA & Allstate cover all vehicles owned, rented, borrowed (cars, bikes, RVs), as do some of the upgraded versions of the other plans.
  • Coverage limits: Some plans have limits of X dollars, or X miles. Others are unlimited, whatever it takes, whatever that means.
And don't forget the arrest bond assistance!
The way I see it, by purchasing road service, I'm almost guaranteed to not need it.

Check out the AMA Site.

I think they have something called MoTo Insurance.

Different levels that cover bike or car.

I think there is a service also that will hook you up with another biker in the area that will provide help. Course, you have to be a member.

Mark