Trail Tech HID lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yikes, bulbs are $75. I might get a set of vision x solstices...only 900 lumens but still very bright.

Marcus aka ahchiu is running a set of the lights (among other things ;) ) up here in the PNW. Shoot him a PM and I'm sure he will be able to answer your questions.

--G

yikes, bulbs are $75. I might get a set of vision x solstices...only 900 lumens but still very bright.
I have the Solstices on my Husky TE310. They are bright for their size. Not as bright nor do they project as far as the Trail Techs (which would be one of my top FJR choices). I like the idea of them for the FJR to provide a bit more beam spread and length, plus love their size and miniscule (.75 amp) current draw, and they make three different lenses to consider, if you want length, width, or just spread. (Ok, that was too close to a male enhancement ad).

Haven't tried them at night yet.

These are the same lights as the $550.00 PIAA Cross Counrty minus the PIAA fancy wiring harness, Even if the replacement bulbs are $75.00 your not changing them often if at all unless you break them. HID burns a gas not a filiment. you can get a Flood/Spot combo to cover more area

I just found these and they seem to be reasonably priced. $145 ea with built in ballast. Has anyone tried these. They look promising and they're made in the U S of A.
https://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-216-trai...id-eclipse.aspx
I had these (got from Trail Tech) on a V-Strom in the past. I didn't find that the light output was all that great. I got much better coverage from hella FF50 halogens but these just draw too much for a volt challenged V-Strom. Trail Techs larger 4" lamp SC-4 I think probably is better but about $100 more per light.

doctorj