trailer for behind the fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feejer/Weejer man

Reaction score
So I am looking for a trailer to pull behind the FJR and maybe my VTX1300. Any pullers out their to share their experiences, trailers and hitches. Must hold golf clubs. Not interested in a camper type. Thanks Mike in Fremont, Ca.

I can tell you from experience the bushtec tows very well behind the FJR. Here is a picture from a ride last Spring.

IMG_3847.jpg

I've had a Monogo for two years; bought it for the Venture, then added the hitch to the FJR last summer. This thing tows like a dream; it literally disappears behind the bike. It's just big enough to camp with but small enough to discourage over-packing.

Mike(Michele) is a great guy and really terrific to deal with. He really made me feel at home, several hundred miles from home in a truly foreign country (just outside Montreal, Quebec). His pal Jocelin built a frame from scratch and wired up the FJR in about 6 hours.

Unfortunately, if you are not in the midwest or northeast, these aren't very practical. Mike will not import these to the USA because he will not deal with the DOT. When you get it home, you register it as a home-built. Use at your own risk; Mike won't hear about it if you screw up. He would probably deny ever having met you.

I can tell you from experience the bushtec tows very well behind the FJR. Here is a picture from a ride last Spring.
IMG_3847.jpg
Other than color that looks just like the one I am getting. The one I will have for sale is close to the color of a 04 FJR with blue flames.

I've had a Monogo for two years; bought it for the Venture, then added the hitch to the FJR last summer. This thing tows like a dream; it literally disappears behind the bike. It's just big enough to camp with but small enough to discourage over-packing.
Mike(Michele) is a great guy and really terrific to deal with. He really made me feel at home, several hundred miles from home in a truly foreign country (just outside Montreal, Quebec). His pal Jocelin built a frame from scratch and wired up the FJR in about 6 hours.

Unfortunately, if you are not in the midwest or northeast, these aren't very practical. Mike will not import these to the USA because he will not deal with the DOT. When you get it home, you register it as a home-built. Use at your own risk; Mike won't hear about it if you screw up. He would probably deny ever having met you.

Got any Pics?

I have 3 friends who've pulled a lot of different trailers behind various bikes over the years (I haven't). When they went to the Unigo they were all pleased with their "upgrades".

Built a trailer some years back and pulled it with

Honda Magna

V-Strom

Kawi - Nomad

and the FJR

Never had an issue and is very handy for longer trips or hauling golf clubs when required

You can look at the Harbor set up - will fit your need.

The unigo wont fit a set of clubs with the lid closed and with the single tire at the back they put more weight on your hitch