Trailer hitch attachment points?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midlifeuturn

Reaction score
I've done the search thing and found a few photos of trailer hitches and their attachments for the FJR, but none are very clear. Does anyone have some good photos or a diagram of the attchements points typically used for trailer hitches. I'm sure they come with a diagram but I'm going to try to build my own.

Thanks

I just looked through my pictures and I guess I didn't take any of the hitch as I was building it. Mine is an 03 and it attaches to the passenger peg bolts and inside the plastic on the tail section. One of the forum members fron Florida sent me some good pictures so maybe he will post up. My bike is put away for the winter and I can't get to it very easy but I might get some pics if you don't find any.

I also found some pictures on the Daunless Motors web site and the Bushtec site.

I just looked through my pictures and I guess I didn't take any of the hitch as I was building it. Mine is an 03 and it attaches to the passenger peg bolts and inside the plastic on the tail section. One of the forum members fron Florida sent me some good pictures so maybe he will post up. My bike is put away for the winter and I can't get to it very easy but I might get some pics if you don't find any.

I also found some pictures on the Daunless Motors web site and the Bushtec site.
Thanks appreciate it,

I couldn't see what the bottom brackets attached to. The hitch itself looks pretty easy to make, just a little patients to make sure everything is level and centered.

Thanks appreciate it,

I couldn't see what the bottom brackets attached to. The hitch itself looks pretty easy to make, just a little patients to make sure everything is level and centered.
Make sure you leave plenty of room for suspension travel on the left side. You need to clear the final drive .

Here is the best pictures I can find for a Duantless hitch installed. It shows the points under the seat very well. They are the same points that my Bushtec is attached to for the top support.

Hitch