Trailer in a bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsy

667 - Neighbour of the Beast
Reaction score
I have just ordered one of these so it is a little late to ask for advice but what the hell. Anyone have any experience with this product?

And before some of you start whining about "I can't believe you want to trailer an FJR", remember I live in a place with 7 months of winter and this will allow me to drag the good fellow south from time to time and extend my riding season.

https://www.trailerinabag.com/

gypsy

I can't believe you want to trailer an FJR... oh wait. Sorry.

I know someone who had one, he only used it once, but he said it worked perfectly as described. It was heavier than he expected (not really sure what he expected..?) but he was happy with it.

I hope he's used it more than the once, otherwise that's one expensive tow job :\

personally, i'd just do one of the 4' x 8' Harbor Freight trailers with the 12" wheels and buy a chock for it.

3 1/2 feet long and 140 lbs is not a duffel bag. That is a hockey bag or body bag.

It would not fit on a bike so it is not like you can carry it with you (in case).

Hope you like it and get use out of it.

They were at last year's Texas Two Step Rally. Looked like a nice enough product that I was going to order one, too.

Fortunately I was still fighting my way out of the 2003 IBR financial issues, so didn't have the spare cash laying around. It did give me the excuse to avoid riding even more than I already was(n't).

The idea isn't to haul it on the bike. It's to stow it easier in the garage or the back of a pickup when not needing it. (der... ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought this kit and it is very nice. My plan is to keep it available to my riding buddies and I when we break down (that doesn't happen, right?).

$1000 buys a lot of cheese burgers though so I try not to think about the price.

Bounce, I fatfingered a 1. Should have said $1100 but got lazy.

Used the trailer-in-a-bag and PowerTye trailer kit to haul my FJR 800 miles today. Two ties ran from the triple-tree to front of trailer, and two ties ran from the bracket that holds the exaust on each side. My wife was actually driving the tow vehicle and had no regard for my bikes life (she was haulin' ass and when the trailer hit a bump, I'd pucker a little. Not once did I have to cinch up the ties, the bike was rock solid the entire 800 miles.

Great product and I love how it comes apart for space saving.

That's good to know. It looks well made and would me my choice. Another good choice is the Easy Hauler/Loader. The rail lowers flat onto the ground for single-person loading. Once the bike is secured, the rail(s) crank up into place and off you go. Very trick but you have to have a place to store it like any other trailer.