Trailering

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coz

Reaction score
I've done some searching, but didn't really come up with anything regarding trailering the FJR. I'll be trailering an '05 about 4hrs home next week, and I'm wondering what the best tie down points are, number of straps etc. Any advice about hauling one of these would be greatly appreciated! I would hate to damage anything from a trial and error approach. I'll be using a 5'x10' ATV trailer. Thanks!

Oh, and as much as I'd like to, riding it home isn't an option since I'll have my family with me.

Coz

Here's what I've done

1) Soft ties around the fork just above the lower triple clamps- these need to be tight

2) Canyon Dancer on the bars, this needs to be snug, NOT TIGHT. This is just used for stabilization.

3) tie downs around the rear wheel to keep it from bouncing side to side.

Glenn

Yep what Glenn said. I have trailered the FJR to get the thing serviced for the tick. I used an enclosed trailer and also have a front wheel chock for holding the front tire. Rides great with no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as above & with Canyon Dancer not tight, you want to tape the strap hook ends closed so in a turn, the loose side strap doesn't come unhooked. Not a bad idea to tape all hook ends closed. You don't have to compress forks much w/hook ends taped.

Later,,, De

I trailer mine after getting 8000 mile service done and ready for winter storage,

bought one of those handle bar straps that thing was sweet, also had it a strap running through rear wheel to keep it from moving forward as the handle bar strap prevented it from moving backwards, seemed to work great on a large landscapers trailer I borrowed.