TravelRoad’s TravelComfort for the Yamaha FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flere-Imsaho

Reaction score
TravelRoad’s TravelComfort for the Yamaha FJR1300

Now, if I can just get these bars back about another inch... This thing would cruise the super-slab like a Wing with its ass

on fire.
Hi Scab,

I do not know if it is for sale in the US, but I have a TravelRoad

TravelComfort installed on my FJR 2005 and what it does is raise and

flatten the plane of the handlebars. This also makes it slightly

wider and backwards.

The bar ends will go about 55 mm outwards, about 28 to 38 mm higher, and

about 23 mm backwards.

The bar ends will have an angle change of 7.5 degrees backwards and inwards.

Some photos.

Camara held on topcase. You can clearly see the handlebars are higher

and more horizontal. They are also more backward.

fjr02.jpg

The control settings for the front shocks are still accessible, although

a little less easy.

fjr05.jpg

Good quality, but the Yamaha logo is upside down for the rider.

The keys attached to my contact key are lying on the cover plate of the

Travelroad douring riding.

fjr06.jpg

In ride position, with the camera before the eye, zooming in on the mirror,

this is what you see. So you will see your hand in the inner corner of the

mirror. Since I have my mirrors looking outward (I want to see whats

next-behind me and not just straight behind me) it does not bother me.

fjr07.jpg

fjr08.jpg

Clearly more flat and horizontal, and higher…..

fjr09.jpg

fjr10.jpg

The front…..

fjr11.jpg

Enjoy

-Flere.

That is an excellent looking piece of equipment. And excellent pictures.

I have some set-back risers already installed, but I would still like them back a little farther.

Judging by the picture taken of the bars from the side, my bars are actually back farther than your set-up. Not quite as high, but from the side, my bar ends are aligned with the front edge of the gas filler.

I know most on this forum would probably think me insane, but I want mine back even more. This will require that they also raise so as not to interfere with turning.

I realize this is somewhat defeating the "sport" side of the sport-touring machine, but it is how I like to ride. I am considering having something custom made to my specs. If I do, I will also have to extend hoses or re-route under the top triple clamp instead of over/in front. I think this would work, but will have to pull the top triple to see for sure.

Thanks for the infor and pics.

Scab... It's not unknown for people to stack 2 sets of risers on top of each other...

As for the Travelroad Travelcomfort risers... they look interesting, but at 219 Euros a pop, they aren't giving them away... Travelroad website (click on the Travelcomfort link on the left of the website you're sent to).

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda precludes the use of a Stemstand for mounting farkles, but a nice piece of craftsmanship none the less.

You know Groo, I am sittin' here doing exactly what I accuse my kids of doing: Making it complicated. I have already pictured the whole design, all the material required, the process, etc., etc., and here you come with "use two" approach. Geez, this is what happens when you believe all the stuff TWN and Rad write.

...and I looked up to them so...

However, Groo, I feel obligated to remind you:

This is the FJR Forum, your common sense has no place here.

Kinda precludes the use of a Stemstand for mounting farkles, but a nice piece of craftsmanship none the less.
Well, not completely. The top center plate is attached with two screws. Since the whole thing is hollow, you can easily mount additional hardware, or switches into the centerplate of the TravelComfort. So you can for instance bolt a GPS mount onto the center plate.

Enjoy!

-Flere

I do not know if it is for sale in the US, but I have a TravelRoadTravelComfort installed on my FJR 2005 and what it does is raise and

wider and backwards.

about 23 mm backwards.

Both my back and neck are screwed up from work accidents. Add in a measure of carpaltunel wrist pain and my riding days were numbered. I’ve tried every combination of riser/setbacks out there to try and find my sweet spot, before giving up all to together.

My last option was to adapt a set of FatBars, when I came across this setup. The machine work and finish is outstanding. I like the feel of the bars more now, since they are like my DualSport bars. Everyone is different. There is no one size fits all.

After 5 months now, I can finally say that I’m now dialed in. Costly. Not really......you get what you pay for. All thanks to Mr. Tonk. YMMV

I do not know if it is for sale in the US, but I have a TravelRoadTravelComfort installed on my FJR 2005 and what it does is raise and

wider and backwards.

about 23 mm backwards.

Both my back and neck are screwed up from work accidents. Add in a measure of carpaltunel wrist pain and my riding days were numbered. I’ve tried every combination of riser/setbacks out there to try and find my sweet spot, before giving up all to together.

My last option was to adapt a set of FatBars, when I came across this setup. The machine work and finish is outstanding. I like the feel of the bars more now, since they are like my DualSport bars. Everyone is different. There is no one size fits all.

After 5 months now, I can finally say that I’m now dialed in. Costly. Not really......you get what you pay for. All thanks to Mr. Tonk. YMMV
Hey Fab, Mr. Tonk going to work up a set of bars for the '06???

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Fab, Mr. Tonk going to work up a set of bars for the '06???

"TravelComfort voor FJR 2006 is in ontwikkeling. Ik verzend u een bericht als klaar en zij die testen."

Met vriendelijke groet

Harry Tonk

In other words.......

"The TravelComfort for the FJR 2006 is in development. I send you a message if they ready and testing."

I got the exact same message as Fab. With two of us on the bubble I'm sure they will start working double shifts in the design dept. ;-)