Traxxion Dynamics

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorcycle-ed

Reaction score
I just took a big swig of the KoolAid and committed $800 of the grandkid's inheritance for a new rear shock. I figured while I still had at least limited function left in my 17k miles shock (to use during rebuilds when needed), I would go ahead and get it. I found that in order to get reasonably firm control with the stock shock I had to screw it down to only 1 click from fully CW to get any real damping. They tell me it will be three weeks until they can build it with the right valving and the right spring for my weight and typical baggage load. They will set it up ready to mount for all my characteristics. Nice folks to work with and I sneaked in before the end of the month with the 10% discount.

Ed :yahoo:

You’re going to love it.

Now save those pennies for the AK-20's.

Yes, the AK20s are next, but for now the forks still work, although I have to have both rebound and compression damping turned down too much also in order to get rid of the "floating". You would think with forks like the FJR with compression damping ajustment, rebound damping adjustment, and preload ajustment that you could get it like you want it. The problem for me is getting some firm control of the "53 buick" float without being harsh. If I get the rebound and compression right for the twisties, it makes the bike too harsh over smaller stuff. If I back off so the quick bumps are reasonable, then the bike is like a hobby horse. I am hoping that getting the rear under control will make the front work much better.

Ed :unsure:

Borres is 100 percent on the money . And the amount you put out is going to be nothing for a great ride no more fighting with the bike , Plastering you knees to the gas tank gone . Applying pressure to the tank depends on how you ride it .

Congrats!
You wont be disappointed! :)
Ditto on what galaxyblue says... For your info Blue..... Lee talks very well of you.

traxxion.jpg

Don

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts