Tried it-not working out Selling AGV-StealthXXL

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR-RemingtonRider

Their Sunset / My Sunrise
Reaction score
With much Shagrin- I cannot make it fit, so it gotta go. :(

Thought I run it by here also.

Put it up on Craigslist for $175.00

Thought I paid less but, apparently I didn't pay attention that when I clicked the XXL size, the price changed. Apparently the small was the super-duper price...through my excitement of purchasing-bought bunch of other stuff during the same order.

Oh well, wore it for about an hour. I always wear head cap with helmets.

Spoke to sales reps and it's just not the fit for me. It's in back in it's fresh box and going to the first doorbell ringer.

Oh, where is my salesmenship manners.

XXL AGV Stealth (Razor) Helmet.

Black/Silver...Great graphics and detail. Pics just don't do it justice.

pm if interested, as stated on C-List.

None of the solid-well known head lids will fit my chin..darn depressing I was becoming.....

TrainingPhotos016.jpg

TrainingPhotos017.jpg

Yahoooo! I'll be darn, finally figured out how to post a pic......cool.

Why not return it? I have had my gloves bought from Cycle gear for nearly a year when they developed a small hole. The sales guy begged me to return them. I havent dont it simply because I havent had time to go by their shop. Good guys here in Alpharetta.

Well two reasons actually;

1. Sometimes things gotten on special pricing doesn't qualify and the hassle of them not receiving it, while they refund the cc.

2. The helmet that I am seriously considering to replace this one; this vendor does not sell it. If they did somehow take it back and deduct their shipping and restocking, then I would have to spend what's left with them...heck it'll be a floating credit, and there's no telling when I'll use it, I may even forget I have it. (doubt the wife would let that happen).

Sorry to hear this didn't work out for you. I know you had some trepidation about the chin clearance. Hope you can find one that fits better for you. I'm not a gear nanny, but you definately need to find a FF that works rather than wear a 3/4.

Out of sheer curiousity, what finally tipped your decision that the fit wasnt right?

Also, this probably belongs in the For Sale: bike tech section instead of gear discussion. I'm sure it'll find its way there soon.

Sorry to hear this didn't work out for you. I know you had some trepidation about the chin clearance. Hope you can find one that fits better for you. I'm not a gear nanny, but you definately need to find a FF that works rather than wear a 3/4.Out of sheer curiousity, what finally tipped your decision that the fit wasnt right?

Also, this probably belongs in the For Sale: bike tech section instead of gear discussion. I'm sure it'll find its way there soon.

Righty-o, For sale bin.., just wasn't thinking, too distraught I suppose.

What made me finally give it up, was not being able to just flex my jaw was w/o hitting the chin bar was uncomortable, and when I did, it put pressures on the rest of my head. sure if, I just rode with a silly look, and not smiled while riding the fjr on the open road, then I guess it would have worked. I could feel the difference of the space (or lack there of) causing all-around discomfort. The face is muscle, and not moving, and flexing could probably cause some other damage. And lookin closer at the lining it is very thin, nothing to give. I tried taking out the cheek-pads as someone suggested, heck, it became a bobble head helmet then, so that really sold me that the size was right, the chin spacing was wrong.

Admin.. could you move this to the for sale bin...Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: