Trouble with Givi rack on an 04

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stagecoach

Reaction score
Has anyone made a fix for the gaping holes in the tailsection that result after mounting a Givi Monokey rack on a Gen I FJR? I'm worried about water getting into electronics I have mounted under the seat. Is there a safe way to caulk/putty/plug the gaps that won't affect the finish on the tailsection bodywork?

What say ye?

Has anyone made a fix for the gaping holes in the tailsection that result after mounting a Givi Monokey rack on a Gen I FJR? I'm worried about water getting into electronics I have mounted under the seat. Is there a safe way to caulk/putty/plug the gaps that won't affect the finish on the tailsection bodywork?What say ye?

Gaping holes :blink: .....you know a picture is worth a thousand words.....but I don't remember any gaping holes when I installed mine on my 04?.... :huh: ....

I don't remember any holes (not a bad movie) either. I've ridden in some fairly impressive rain for 2+ hours w/o problems. I have my BlueSea under the rear section. Great, another thing to wonder about!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember any holes (not a bad movie) either. I've ridden in some fairly impressive rain for 2+ hours w/o problems. I have my BlueSea under the rear section. Great, another thing to wonder about!

I've had no problems with leaks in any down pours either, regardless of whether I had my top box on or not.... :huh: .....

I worried a little about the holes your talking about, but never did anything about them. I've since ridden in hours of pouring rain and really have not had any flooding, or much water enter under the seat. You may get a little dampness or possibly some humidity, but that's about it. More water will enter while your washing your bike thought since you'll be spraying lots of water in that specific area.

Has anyone made a fix for the gaping holes in the tailsection that result after mounting a Givi Monokey rack on a Gen I FJR? I'm worried about water getting into electronics I have mounted under the seat. Is there a safe way to caulk/putty/plug the gaps that won't affect the finish on the tailsection bodywork?What say ye?
The rack kit should have contained some pads to close the holes. They have adhesive on one side. Call Givi in Charlotte, NC for replacements.

The rack kit should have contained some pads to close the holes. They have adhesive on one side. Call Givi in Charlotte, NC for replacements.
you got any contact info for them? i've been hunting and everything i've found is dealerships and none seem to know anything about the "bag 'o' bolts and fasteners" that comes with the rack (sr346) kit.

--update--

did more modified searches after the above and found their corporate site. got their e-mail that way, so we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator: