Trunk Mount for 2014 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
Gents- due largely to excellent advice here, I'm scheduled pick up a new 2014 tomorrow. I have settled on the Givi E55 case, but I'm unclear on what mount to use to avoid breaking the bike, especially with a passenger using the case as a backrest. Should I use givi's recommended adaptor or mount, or is there another one that's stronger? I'm more worried about durability than ease of removal. Thanks in advance.

I believe the Givi SR357 is the mount for the Gen 3.

I just fitted the equivalent mount to my Gen 1, and the difference in stiffness can be felt.

Running the SR 357 with the E55 on my '13. Rock solid, easy to install and looks good IMO. No pillion experence, but the camping gear always made to the next stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. What they said. That was one of the first few farkles I added to my '14.

The Givi SR357 was designed for the 2nd gen FJRs. And since the tail section has not changed at all, it still works for the 3rd gens.

It may not be the most attractive thing in the world when the trunk isn't on it, but it isn't horrible either.

Question on the Givi 346 Gen I rack and the 357 Gen II/III rack. I want to use my E55 I used on my 346 rack on my 03 on my 14. So I will have to buy a 357 rack, but I have the integral light plug in the 346 plastic piece of the rack. Does anyone know whether the plastic piece the top box mounts to is interchangeable between the 346 and 357? I am thinking of buying the 357, switching the plastic top pieces and selling the 346 rack.

I believe the actual Givi Monokey mount (the plastic part), is common not just to all FJRs, but to many other bikes too. You should be fine.

My e55 deeluxe and sr357 have shipped. What's this I'm hearing (reading) about things falling off and a clevis pin? And where might this clevis pin go?....

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the actual Givi Monokey mount (the plastic part), is common not just to all FJRs, but to many other bikes too. You should be fine.
Not in a hurry to get a new rack, so maybe I'll see a Gen III with a rack I can take a look at. I might have to go down to South Carolina and check out Wheaton's
rolleyes.gif

My e55 deeluxe and sr357 have shipped. What's this I'm hearing (reading) about things falling off and a clevis pin? And where might this clevis pin go?....
A while ago, there were a few Givi trunks that went missing mid-flight. I still think it was operator error fastening the trunk, more than the latch failure, but here's the write up on the mod that I came up with for added security. The rest of the linked thread gives you some details to the problem.

Thanks Fred. Definitely going to do that and/or use some flexcuffs as a backup tether to keep it on the mount. Particularly concerned since the wife will be using the E55 as a backrest.

When almost half the fasteners were not present, givi assured me that revzilla had magically removed them from the heavily sealed SR357 package. It's one thing to have a high rate of QC problems. Another to blame it on the retailer. Givi denied. Revzilla offered to make it right instantly, even though it clearly wasn't their screw up.