Trying to decide between Sena smh10r and the Sena SMH10D11

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikebike

Reaction score
Looking to go with a bluetooth on my Shoei Neotech helmet. Trying to decide between the Sena smh10r and the Sena SMH10D11

anything experience with either especially with a Shoei Neotech being that it is a modualar helmet I was concerned about microphone placement

Also sound quality.

I want it for music from iPhone--- navigation from Zumo550 -- phone calls from iPhone and bike to

bike communication.

thanks for the input

The R doesn't have Jog Dial, enough said :)

Jog dial is the bomb, no fumbling around with gloves on trying to find buttons, etc.. it's just about a perfect design IMO.

MikeBike - I have the SMH10R mounted to my SHOEI Neotec - talked about it here. Still pretty happy with it except I want better sound. Sena will be releasing an earbud adapter within the next month or two. After that it should be just about right!

SMH10D - agree about the JOG on Shoei X-11 and Shoei QWest

i love the damn thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife and I use the SMH-10's and love them. We can communicate at almost 1000 yards, use our cell phones, and listen to our ipods. Decent sound quality, easy to use. I've been recommending them to all of our riding friends.

I don't know about the 10R, but I have the "big" one with the jog dial, and it is VERY EASY to manipulate while riding, even with thick winter gloves on.

The R doesn't have Jog Dial, enough said
smile.png
Jog dial is the bomb, no fumbling around with gloves on trying to find buttons, etc.. it's just about a perfect design IMO.
What saltcreep said!

I have 113K miles of use on mine, paired to my cell phone and Nuvi 765T which has an MP3 player and of course voice prompts.

Flawless functionality. Wearing Shoei Multitec and X-11. No issues. Excellent results. The Jog Dial lets it all happen with gloved hands. My setup below:

smh10_1.jpg

Have the same set up as Mount Rainier, as I prefer to have my ear buds in (ETYMOTIC ER-6) I only use the SENA for Bike to Bike, phone and the Zumo 550.

Yes I do, works fine that way. I have a remote for the I-Pod so I can turn it down if need. I really don't have it up that high so most time I don't turn it down even. The reason I like the buds is that it helps buffer the helmet noise better.

Same set-up as Mount Rainier. Pairs easily with iPhone for music, calls and bike to bike. I don't use it hooked up to a GPS.

Volume is great using ear plugs, just make sure the speakers are positioned directly over your ears.

Great piece of equipment, you'll like it.

--G

Last edited by a moderator: