Turbulence Killer?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Highlander made his own by cutting own a stock 'shield on his '04. IIRC there have been a ccuple of other owners who were pretty handy with a sawzall or jigsaw and polishing the edge.

You guys.....POST UP!

I'll probably cut a stocker down this summer for the 06. :D

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Hey, Highlander, I remember the spot where those pictures are taken. That's the turn-around area at the Highlander Hillside Estate, about 1/4 mile above the landslide. :clapping:

Hey, Highlander, I remember the spot where those pictures are taken. That's the turn-around area at the Highlander Hillside Estate, about 1/4 mile above the landslide. :clapping:
& incredibly scenic :good: ....I'm just glad he doesn't suffer from those 30 foot snow falls :lol: :eek: .....

I cut down my stocker with a metal cutting blade in my jigsaw. Cleaned it up with a Dremel. Looks good. Works great in summer.

I cut my stock screen about an inch lower and shaped it round by overlaying my Road King screen over it,drawing with a marker ,cutting with a saber saw and cleaning with a file. No buffeting and lots of air when screen is fully retracted. It is OK in the rain when raised all the way.

I use a tall screen shaped the same way and toped with Stealth Edging for winter and touring.

Band saw and a bastard file did a good job.

Awesome in the summer until it starts to pour rain.

Shorty for summer.

Stock for spring/fall.

+4 for cold weather and out of state trips.