Turn signals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRRider08

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody out there use an aftermarket auto canceling turn signal and if so what brand? My buddy owns his own repair shop and he has a customer looking to installing those.

Thanks in advance.

Sure.

I've got one on the end of my left hand. It's called a thumb. Works really well. I'd recommend one to anybody.
smile.png

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Gary

darksider #44

Kisan Signal Minder...... I have one....... replaces your OEM signal flasher and has options for running signals at part voltage as running lights, and flashing brake lights (which also flashes the running lights front and rear if you connected that option). As for the self cancelling signals, be aware you must put springs in your turn signal switch so it returns to the center right away. You choose 10, 20 or 30 flashes (10 is too short) to time out. If you hit the brakes, it will continue to flash until you release the brake, which resets the timer. You have to get used to it...... to engage the signals you push and hold briefly and the turn signal circuit latches for the chosen timeout count. To cancel manually, push it again.

I am not in love with the turn signal switch mod, but it's OK you get used to it. I like all the other features, and if it wasn't for them, I'd go back to the old manual cancel method like OEM.

I have self-cancelling signals on my '83 Magna V-65, which cancel via the lean angle sensor. It works! Oh for the good old days.

Kisan Signal Minder...... I have one....... replaces your OEM signal flasher and has options for running signals at part voltage as running lights, and flashing brake lights (which also flashes the running lights front and rear if you connected that option). As for the self cancelling signals, be aware you must put springs in your turn signal switch so it returns to the center right away. You choose 10, 20 or 30 flashes (10 is too short) to time out. If you hit the brakes, it will continue to flash until you release the brake, which resets the timer. You have to get used to it...... to engage the signals you push and hold briefly and the turn signal circuit latches for the chosen timeout count. To cancel manually, push it again. I am not in love with the turn signal switch mod, but it's OK you get used to it. I like all the other features, and if it wasn't for them, I'd go back to the old manual cancel method like OEM.

I have self-cancelling signals on my '83 Magna V-65, which cancel via the lean angle sensor. It works! Oh for the good old days.
Awesome! I will pass that info on, Thank you.