Turning my traffic light GREEN!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ferrous metal doesn't really help here either. At the 10Khz+ frequencies loop sensors use to operate, aluminum is quite sufficient. If they operated at 60Hz,you'd want iron rims.

I always find it amusing to see another rider stomping on the metal box where all of the wires join together. Or several bikes all crammed into the old long rectangular loops trying to get enough weight in place.

ionbeam posted: <snip> Another reason to ask, it there are traffic lights, why am I riding here?
... says the guy living in suburban Boston. (Chuckle, chuckle.)
You've never been to New Hampshire, I guess. While there are commuters to Boston from southern NH, we do not have nearly the over abundance of traffic, nor the need for traffic control devices beyond the simple stop and yield signs. We may only be 50 miles north of it, but that makes all the difference.

I don't know about ionbeam, but none of my bikes ever see the inside of the Route 128 beltway.
I live in MA (less than 50 miles from Boston) and we have 3 traffic lights in town and one of them is just flashing.

....old long rectangular loops trying to get enough weight in place.
After reading this thread I fail to understand Digger's statement.
I took it to mean, a group all pulls within the loop, thinking it's a scale, hoping they have enough weight to trigger the light.
I could be wrong.
umnik2.gif
My point was after 3 pages of talking about the loops in the road having an AC signal that changes frequency when metal passes into the loop I thought it a bit odd that someone could still think that it was weight what changed the signal. It's not the first time I've fallen into the Engineering and Humor are oxymorons.

dily641_zps07cdcad6.gif

I'm no engineer, but I do enjoy sarcasm. However, I find there's a very fine line between sarcasm and ernest dialogue, and there's times I find it difficult to discern between them. Especially after a couple of adult beverages. :sarcasm: