Two Brothers Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richouse

Reaction score
I met up with a friend tonight who rides a R1 and I told him I was interested in a set of carbon 2 bros. He said he has heard that the quality of the carbon cans was not to good. after about a year they started looking worn and and all. I really like the carbon cans but I want them to be the last set I buy. I don't want to spend that kind of money and have them fade and fall apart after a couple of years. For those of you that have some and have had them for a while what do you think abut them??? Would the titanium cans be better??? Would you recommend them to a fellow rider???

Also, will the M5 cans fit the FJR with no clearance issues???

Thanks,

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
Fubar has had his Carbon pipe on his 07 for a while now and knowing him if it was not holding up I would have heard about it :)

Let's think about that Alex....FUBAR voicing his opinion.....Yep! No problem there.. :lol:

As to the cans, the instructions provide a 'clean & care comment', so I would expect there no more issues with Two Brothers Carbon types

than any other quality sets.

AND I LOVE MINE!! :fan_1:

7K on mine and they look just like new.

However take a R1 with incorrect fuel metering and running extremely lean and you will burn all the packing up in the can. Then don't have enough sense to replace it while fixxing the fuel metering and expect the carbon to start over-heating and cracking. Have witnessed this issue many times on wanna-bes...

I have the M2'S the M5 model seems to large for my taste, increased cornering clearence with the m2. Did not go with the full black, also have the most noise reducing insert.

Today with temps at 95-100 degees on the slab at 75-90 for 220 miles plus fuel MPG went through the roof at 44mpg +. That is a jump from 32-34mpg in the past..

7K on mine and they look just like new.

M-2's or M-5's

M2--- search for my thread about a super low price on the Black Series carbon

edit... check out this thread for the price and supplier

Price

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2356e.jpg

IMG_2348e.jpg

with the side luggage to provide an example of the M2 size.

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2336e.jpg

taken a month ago with a shorty Cee Baily -3 sheild

IMAG0374.jpg

I have the 2 Bros chrome finish I installed in 2008, at the same time my buddy installed the carbonfiber cans on his Concours 14. Both are still in excellent shape, no problems whatsoever.

I have the Two Brothers crome and they sound awsome. I think they also look better with the silver bike than the carbon exhaust. I doubt if they produce any extra HP, the only advantage I see is the reduction in weight. Anyway, farkles for cycles are too expensive, 6 to 8 hundred dollars for a ten pound advantage and awsome sound is a lot.