Two Brothers Slip On Sound level?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lake Powell

Reaction score
Yes a search was done, nothing-

Does anyone have experience with the two brothers slip on between the M2 model and the M5? The M2 can is slightly smaller than the M5 and I am concerned about the sound level. There are various end cap inserts and my desire is to keep the sound level as low as stock if possible.

Any info would be appreciated!

https://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?sea...1300-SO_06.html

Can't comment on the comparison between the two, but I have M2s on mine with a stock header and don't find the noise level offending. Definately not stock, but not annoying to the neighbors unless you rip on it.

For just tooling around down and keeping the rpm's down, think exotic sports car, but open it up and they do sound nice. Not raspy or annoying, but loud and proud.

Hope this helps. You would always add the noise suppressor inserts if you wanted. I haven't been on their site lately, but I think they drop 3 or 4 decibels.

Ride on over to Ohio if you want to hear mine....

By the way my m2's may be on sale soon. I'm looking for a set of replacements currently that will fit my new headers. I need a set with a larger inlet at the mid-pipe to fit. Look for them in the For Sale section in the next couple of weeks.