Two Brothers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gazza

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just considering wether to bite the bullet on a pair of Two Brothers black series titanium slip ons and couldn't decide on the M5 versus M2 size. Anyone had a good look at this as most i see have gone for the M2. Was this a cost decision as the M5's are more expensive.

Regards

Gary

The M5s are bigger around and the fronts of them WILL drag if you take corners with a good lean. Sound wise, no difference. Both fit with bags and both look good. Just most prefer the smaller oval.

The M5s are bigger around and the fronts of them WILL drag if you take corners with a good lean. Sound wise, no difference. Both fit with bags and both look good. Just most prefer the smaller oval.
I don't think Two Brothers lists the M5 canister for the FJR but you had me going for a second worrying if I bought the M5s that would drag on the ground.

Effenjustride had M5s on his FJR. That's how I know they drag. Maybe they stopped?? I used to see both.
I'm thinking your right, Two Brothers had both sizes but must have discontinued the M5 for the FJR. I remember seeing them and trying to wonder what size I would get but don't remember having to choose a size when I ordered mine a few months ago. Looking around I see a couple retailers list them but they are out of stock on the M5 size.

For the record Gazza, I think they sound amazing. I was in a little shock hearing the Two Brothers on the 14 after having three other sewing machine quite FJRs. The slightly raunchy exhaust sound just doesn't sound right coming out of an FJR until you get used to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why spend all the green backs when you can get the same sound with the trooper mod. If your looking for weight reduction it's an expensive one. Save your money for other more functional gadgets. JMO

Trooper modidfied FJR to the max,

Dave

Why spend all the green backs when you can get the same sound with the trooper mod. If your looking for weight reduction it's an expensive one. Save your money for other more functional gadgets. JMO
Trooper modidfied FJR to the max,

Dave
I much prefer the tone of the Two Brothers over the trooper mod or other slip ons for that matter, but a good sounding exhaust tone is a highly subjective opinion item. I agree with you over the money aspect though. I am a cheap bastard and I am still second guessing the decision to buy slip ons for the FJR.

This is definitely a personal preference since there is no gain in HP or Fuel econ. I have tried the trooper mod on my '07 and though it did make it a little louder and throaty I did not like the sound. After I got my '10 I had a set of 2 Bros. Black Series Titanium within 300 miles. The sound is perfect in MY opinion, I did find that the after many highway miles that drone of the open pipes got a little annoying. I put a set of the silencers in there and they toned that drone down without sacrificing the overall sound. If you are looking to shed some pounds I don't think there is a better way. Those factory slip ons are heavy, one of the factory slip-ons weighs more than BOTH of the 2 Bros together.

I ALWAYS replace stock mufflers, since like '75 or so. Two Bros have met my requirements on several bikes. Running the Black series in CF on the '14. The wife found them a bit louder than the Dale Walker Holeshots on the '05. I put in the Db reducers and all is good. Right sound, I like the look, and the weight savings is substantial. YMMV, but they work for us.

Thanks for the comments guys and yes after a bit of research you still can get the M5 size for the FJR. I've just had a quick look around and at this stage have not found the M2 titanium black series at less than $774. That was from HardRacing.com. Any other particular places I should be looking??.

Regards to all

Gazza

Last edited by a moderator:
Want to shed major muffler weight? Want more sound out of your FJR with options like some more sound all the way to insane as well as ability to change back and forth? Want to spend less than 350 bucks? Take a look at Coffmans exhaust, not for everyone as many don't like the shorty GP style but for me and some others its perfect.

Linky if your intrseted