Ugly High Rise Screen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xzalion

Reaction score
Hi

I just bought myself an High rise screen for my 02 FJR, NO ... "What have i done" It looks like an Police bike now, PLz help,? Is here any one on this blog who can maybe show me an 02 Standard black tint screen {Pictures} - I want to get that Air breaks screen off & replaced it.

Thanks

Dewaldt Steenkamp

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
I just bought myself an High rise screen for my 02 FJR, NO ... "What have i done" It looks like an Police bike now, PLz help,? Is here any one on this blog who can maybe show me an 02 Standard black tint screen {Pictures} - I want to get that Air breaks screen off & replaced it.

Thanks

Dewaldt Steenkamp

'02? Was there an '02 model?

Hi

Thanks

Dewaldt Steenkamp

'02? Was there an '02 model?
He's probably a European. They had an '02, that became our '03.

You can actually cut that barn door to whatever size you prefer, just do it slowly and carefully and finish the edges with fine sandpaper or heat.

Hi

What question is that? Is there an 02 model, Ok ... if there wasn't an 02 model how come there is an 03 or 04 or 05 etc, there is an 02 model, in fact that was the first year in 02 that Yamaha introduce the FJR 1300 to the world, that was in 2002, I have an 2002 Fjr Model, Yes i will change my high screen to standard size ... but with black tint. Hey i am from South Africa guys, and yes we do ride 02 models here too not only in europe lol.

Best of luck

Dewaldt

Hi
What question is that? Is there an 02 model, Ok ... if there wasn't an 02 model how come there is an 03 or 04 or 05 etc, there is an 02 model, in fact that was the first year in 02 that Yamaha introduce the FJR 1300 to the world, that was in 2002, I have an 2002 Fjr Model, Yes i will change my high screen to standard size ... but with black tint. Hey i am from South Africa guys, and yes we do ride 02 models here too not only in europe lol.

Best of luck

Dewaldt
Welcome to the forum from the US of A...

sorry...us Yanks have never seen locally an '02...now we know an '02 is the same as and a early '03 which we know about

not seeing a location in your location info to the left of your post through us off a bit, but your name gave us a hint

welcome and personally, I'm partial and like the "many" sizes of the Cal Sci shields...also like the design of the Gen I with pressure relief holes in it...I live in the south USA where it's warm and have a medium Cal Sci

https://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FJR1300prod.html

Hi

Best of luck

Dewaldt
The question was U.S.-centric, because the FJR came here in '03, and some never realized that wasn't the first year worldwide. Worldwide the bike was available in '01 and '02.

As for why tall screens are good, I offer the following:

tallscreenisgood.jpg

Sorry for the previous snide remark, I thought you were another spam bot/troll.

If it is a shorty windscreen you are looking for then Cee Bailey makes one. https://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/fjr1300cvws.html

Here is a Cee Bailey shorty on my bike, pardon the crappy cell phone pic.

Great for the hot Sacramento summers.

PIC-0056.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell man it look so GREAT GREAT, I just order one thanks for showing me this, It really looks good on your bike, is that an 03 model, cause mine is that simmilar shape.

Regards

See, if you look under his avatar, he says right there it's a 2005. That's just a color difference from the '03, so it fits the same.

Welcome to the FJR Forum.

All other countries outside of the United States of America had FJR's in 2001. We didn't see them here until 2003.

As far as i know, 01-03 FJR's are identical other than color, And 04-05 look identical, But have larger brake rotors and optional ABS. We call these Gen I. Hope that helps.

now, to your question:

I have the V-Stream and it is a great winter shield offering maximum wind protection and minimal buffeting. I quickly remove it when the temps are 65 or higher for a chopped stock shield.

Thanks Galaxyblue

Yesterday when i was on an bike trip with my fjr, for the very first time i open up my high rise screen to full size, it was really terrible in the wind, my bike was pulling left & right as the wind blows me, When i lower it as in close it down it was gone. Strange...?