Ultimate FJR horns?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get them, are you going to turn into an ass like the guys in the video?

Gunny!

As one who is recovering from a motorcycle spill, I didn't fine it particularly "entertaining" that they chose to honk at the pedestrian on crutches. :realmad: Come to think of it, since my Mother is in her 80s, picking on the elderly isn't "interesting" either. However, for the more sophomoric..... :ranting2:

Gunny!

As one who is recovering from a motorcycle spill, I didn't fine it particularly "entertaining" that they chose to honk at the pedestrian on crutches. :realmad: Come to think of it, since my Mother is in her 80s, picking on the elderly isn't "interesting" either. However, for the more sophomoric..... :ranting2:
Yeah, cause you never know when a guy on crutches is gonna have another accident... That guy could'a twisted a ankle

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running highway blasters in a high/low combo, from NAPA. They fit easy, and put out 133db with a nice European note.

In case you were serious.

Aint got chit on my truck horns :assassin:

Thinnin about boostin the FJR's up, but those don't seem like something I'd do.

Yeah, cause you never know when a guy on crutches is gonna have another accident... That guy could'a twisted a ankle
Well, I was thinking more about his possible recently healed broken ribs/shoulder blade/cracked vertebrae and pulled and crushed ligaments and muscles. Of course, those having soooo much fun "shocking" and startling people have complete understanding of the physical health of those they are causing to react. To me, its verysimilar to the "boomity-boom" stereos we are forced to enjoy listening to because we obviously don't have the correct tatste in music. But then I s'pose I don't have your particular sense of humor or understanding of what is hilarious.

Loud horns for warning in traffic is one thing, I have the same "blasters" Toecutter mentioned. Using them to startle school kids in a crosswalk or people at a bus stop is not my brand of humor/practical joke.

Gunny!

Guess I should have waited until Friday for this thread?

Lighten up, I wasn't serious, where would you mount all the horns never mind the large air tank?

Lighten up, I wasn't serious, where would you mount all the horns never mind the large air tank?
A truly creative FJR owner would find a way...if he really really really wanted this farkle. Inside the fairing, between the panniers and the rear wheel...it could be done...even if you had to separate them and plum the air lines. C'mon man, you're an FJR owner. Make it work!

This reminds me of what an ST1300 rider said to me in the parking garage at WFO-6, "You FJR owners are a great bunch. When you see something you want on your bike, you find a way, build a bracket, rewire, move a mount,...anything so that you can attach what you want. The STers I know want it to look pretty and as stock as possible. I think I like you guys' attitude."

So, Gordo, get busy, y'here! Come and show it off in CO at NAFO. :yahoo:

I know of a guy who runs a full blown (pun intended) train air horn on his old Goldwing. One whole saddlebag runs the air compressor. And his name is, Um, Reverand Dave. I don't think he goes around scaring people but you never know...PM. <>< ;) :crazy: :unknw:

I haven't had time to look yet, but about a year ago we were looking at a site that sold kits to install train (locomotive) horns for installation of vehicles. It required a compressor and air tank to feed the horns. It was a funny bunch of videos but seemed pretty expensive to buy. I did some googling based on the pictures and other clues on their kit descriptions and found the horns they use for their kit. You could source these bits back out and fab up your own kit for about a third of the cost of theirs.

It was tempting but not for the bike (too heavy and large).

A truly creative FJR owner would find a way...if he really really really wanted this farkle. Inside the fairing, between the panniers and the rear wheel...it could be done...even if you had to separate them and plum the air lines. C'mon man, you're an FJR owner. Make it work!

This reminds me of what an ST1300 rider said to me in the parking garage at WFO-6, "You FJR owners are a great bunch. When you see something you want on your bike, you find a way, build a bracket, rewire, move a mount,...anything so that you can attach what you want. The STers I know want it to look pretty and as stock as possible. I think I like you guys' attitude."

So, Gordo, get busy, y'here! Come and show it off in CO at NAFO. :yahoo:
Oh! Oh! I think I have been challenged?

Can you imagine touching off those babies when that cell phone talking cager is trying displace you in your lane (without signalling)? They'll probably need to get the Starbucks cleaned off the headliner of their cage...and maybe a new seat cover?

Oh! Oh! I think I have been challenged?
Can you imagine touching off those babies when that cell phone talking cager is trying displace you in your lane (without signalling)? They'll probably need to get the Starbucks cleaned off the headliner of their cage...and maybe a new seat cover?
Of course, the horns, compressor, air tank and spare battery would all fit in/on a small trailer.... :dribble:

The video is hilarious.

My pickup only came from the factory with one measly horn. I tried the triple air horns with the little compressor and it sounded like a circus horn. I took them off and eBayed them.

Went over to Pick'n'Pull and found a couple of late model Cadillac's. They have a three tone horn. The low tone is nice and low. Now it sounds exactly like a train only much softer. You don't want it too loud, you just want it to sound better than "beep".

They're the same kind of traditional horns you get from PIAA and others but they sound much better, and they only cost a few bucks apiece.