Ultra cheap bike dolley

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattster31

Reaction score
Hey there,

I was crusin' through Rona (Canada's home depot) today and I came across something I thought might work as a bike dolly. Now I have seen the one available on cyclegadgets, and harborfreight, but I think the one Feejer222 made is the best......very solid!!! I think you could park your car on it and roll it around. However, if you want something quick and cheap...............what I found was this.......

rollers.jpg

It's a three wheel unit with a weight rating of 200lbs each. I know they usually make the safe working load half the max load, so with a bike that weighs 500+lbs. I thought two could handle it. The lift is about 1" from the floor, so it's fairly easy to get the bike up onto them with a bit more muscle. I tried it later after rolling the rear wheel onto a 2 by 6 board, and it made it way easier! To get it off I just blocked the one dolly with my foot. It was interesting because the bike did not move forward because the wheels slid backwards. They only cost $25 for the pair and they are small enough to fit anywhere. I was able to move the bike around very easily in the garage. You would probably put a third one under the front wheel once it was up on the centerstand (I'll try that next) and it would roll around even better. It's very stable up on the wheels.

rollers1.jpg

rollers2.jpg

Been there done that. They work for a bit, but cave-in and the bearings lock up due to the weight of the FJR. Make sure to chock those little wheels to use the center stand, especially to get the bike down.

Looks like it would work. When I first made the one for the centre stand I found the front wheel too heavy to move easily. I've seen something similar to those designed for the back wheel to sit on called 'tail slider'.

Why don't you get three of them and attach them to a board to spread the weight out a bit more. Too high then?

They make a larger size that I've been using for a couple years with no problems, I can move the bike in any direction with very little effort. The one drawback is that you have to put the bike up on the centerstand first, then lean it over to get the dollys under the legs.

I stopped using them after I made a copy of the Park-n-Move.

https://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=PNM

Latest posts