under seat tool or storage bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODan

Reaction score
Hello,

Besides being a new FJR owner, I own and run Dirt-Bike-Gear, making several kinds of packs for dirt bikers.

A thread awhile ago got me thinking of making an underseat bag for the FJR. I'm very interested in learning what you'd like for an underseat storage or other soft goods.

Note that I'm not interested in trying to compete with companies making tank or tail bags. There are already many good choices.

If this is considered offensive spam, please move or delete as necessary.

thx

Hello,
Besides being a new FJR owner, I own and run Dirt-Bike-Gear, making several kinds of packs for dirt bikers.

A thread awhile ago got me thinking of making an underseat bag for the FJR. I'm very interested in learning what you'd like for an underseat storage or other soft goods.

Note that I'm not interested in trying to compete with companies making tank or tail bags. There are already many good choices.

If this is considered offensive spam, please move or delete as necessary.

thx
Intereting idea, but there is not alot of room left after popping in a Starcomm, Bluesea, Compressor, patch kit and other goodies. Everyone would have different requirements of an understeat bag I would think.

I've been looking for a tool wrap and it looks like I found one! The ones I found so far already come with tools which doesn't do me any good. I currently carry a bunch of stuff in a small tool box in the side bag, but, it takes up a bunch of space.

Just ordered a tool wrap and 2 envelope pockets - should save me a bunch of space.

I am not sure if the storage space in the gen I and the gen II are the same but if they are a bag that fits snugly without being too padded and wasting room that way would be nice.. the space under my seat seems to be like 6" by 5" by 4" but it might be able to go over the 4.. im not sure when the seat would touch. An option would be like a 1" to 2" thiner with the same shape. I did find a battery bag for a old vidio camera that works for now but it is a little padded and I dont see the necessity of that for tools.

While there is decent storage under the seat of the FJR, most folks end up with various items such as compressor, or cruise control, or fuse boxes in there taking up the room.

If you could find an FJR and see what's in and where the factory tool kit goes (which for a motorcycle it has it's own decent storage space) you could probably build on it, using better equipment than the cheap tools you get from the manufacturer.

I am not sure if the storage space in the gen I and the gen II are the same
While I don't have dimensions handy I can confirm that the spaces are not the same between Gen I & Gen II. Also the available space in Gen I between ABS & non ABS are different due to the ABS equipment and in Gen II it would also depend on the selected seat height. I do agree it would be handy to have a small cloth bag for small items, but I would think that there would need to be several versions for various models & needs. I say go for it with 3-4 standard models. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: