universal vista cruise control install??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfool99

Reaction score
I just bought this thing and hoped to get it installed before leaving Wed for WFO.

Should I wait till I get to WFO and talk to the guys about the best product, or is this "universal vista" good enough?

thanks,

Jeff

A matter of opinion. While I love the VistaCruise, I am not a fan of the Universal model. Still, there are others around here who have installed the universal, really like it, and would recommend it.

I don't know much about the universal install. The normal VC install is pretty straightforward.

I put the Universal VC on before my trip to SD. The install was easy and the VC worked great over my 4300 mile trip.

Any questions let me know.

I put the Universal VC on before my trip to SD. The install was easy and the VC worked great over my 4300 mile trip.
Any questions let me know.

Thanks EJ,

I apreciate the recommendation. I'll go ahead and install it toniight.

Jeff

I've installed the Universal Vista control on each of my last three bikes. It's an easy 10 minute job with no drilling of anything.

OMG, how imbarassing....

Began the install last night of the universal vista. After 1/2 hour, put all the parts in a bag and will bring them to WFO. My mechanical aptitude is lower than nill. In fact, I still haven't found the engine on my new FJR......where is it??

I'll be easy to spot at WFO: bike still has temp tags...

Sincerely,

Jeff

OMG, how imbarassing....Began the install last night of the universal vista. After 1/2 hour, put all the parts in a bag and will bring them to WFO. My mechanical aptitude is lower than nill. In fact, I still haven't found the engine on my new FJR......where is it??

I'll be easy to spot at WFO: bike still has temp tags...

Sincerely,

Jeff
Don't feel bad, not everyone has the same mechanical ability. If you want to make a quick run out to PA, I'll throw it on for you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've installed the Universal Vista control on each of my last three bikes. It's an easy 10 minute job with no drilling of anything.
Jcolman, there are installation instructions on the forum saying that the International VistaCruise requires drilling. Is it possible for you to tell us how to install without drilling. I would like to order and install one before my trip to Idaho in a couple weeks.

Jer