Urban legend? Maybe I'm starting one... or does this exist?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportsguy

searchgeek - author
Reaction score
I was lookign at tank bags yesterday and it occured to me... I don't wnat to put somehting ont he paint... I don't wnat to have to lock up my tank bag when leaving the bike... my uterus was sore... (you get the idea).

Today my mind wandered into dark places... such as does a lockable, hard-sheel tank bag exist? Could one be built? (Maybe with a flip uo body-on-frame design to aid in fueling? With such an animal (think Corbin Smuggler), you could mount the "frame" for the bag solidly above the tank (1/8" - 1/4"), still have access to the fuel door and be able to safely store junk in there when you walk away from the bike.

So, before I blow my afternoon (PST here, ya know) searching google for this mythical beast, I figured I'd ask - good chance if something like this exists, someone here might know about it already...

I do recall once, reading about a tank bag with a hard mount to the fuel door ring, so you could flip most of the bag up out of the way to access for fueling... I wonder if they have something along these lines - I'm off to search - post up if you think of anything related to this quest... or even if you just want to make fun of me... ;) What can I say - I'm a fan of hard-mounting things.

Ever hit in the neck or arm by flying tools in a Jeep? I DO know what a high-lift jack feels like on the elbow, thanks... ;) Hence, HARD-MOUNTING!!!

Beeroux had a custom aluminum affair made. It looks like a baby coffin.

No mainstream bags I remember seeing.

Not exactly what you describe. But take a look at the tanklocker at www.luggagelocker.com.

And, here's something closer to what you describe: Clicky HERE for the Big Mak tankbag at cyclegadgets.com

I considered the Big Mak at one time, but the way it flips forward for fueling - it would hit my GPS mounted on a stemstand. Too bad they don't make one that hinges off to the side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly what I had in mind, but thanks Skooter... definitely headed int he right direction...

100% waterproof, too...

TLStkPebble2a.jpg