USB on motorcycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSLong

Reaction score
For anyone looking for a USB connection on their motorcycle, I recommend Burns Moto. I ordered a USB to SAE (battery tender plug) adapter on Monday and it was delivered to my house on Wed. Good quality construction and superior customer service. Now I can charge up any USB device that I have in my tank bag.

Many folks just use a cigarette to USB (sometimes dual outlet) in the 2nd gen glovebox. Like this one for a whopping $2. Then just use whatever USB charge cord came with the device. That is about all that outlet in the glove box is good for anyway; charging portable electronic devices.

My question is:

Is the low profile better but harder to remove or is the larger one that is easier to remove when I use my radar detector power with a regular cigarette lighter power hookup?

Never mind, I just was looking at my radar power cord and it has a USB

hook up. Now I can charge my Sena on the move. Cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
This one by Belkin is better. Low profile (like no profile)
Is it long enough? I bought a similar piece recently and it wasn't long enough to maintain a connection. I returned it. I do not remember the brand, sorry.

Many folks just use a cigarette to USB (sometimes dual outlet) in the 2nd gen glovebox. Like this one for a whopping $2. Then just use whatever USB charge cord came with the device. That is about all that outlet in the glove box is good for anyway; charging portable electronic devices.
I'm guilty as charged of this. And the eBay ones (from China) are a couple bucks incl. shipping but they do take a couple weeks to show.

This one by Belkin is better. Low profile (like no profile)
Is it long enough? I bought a similar piece recently and it wasn't long enough to maintain a connection. I returned it. I do not remember the brand, sorry.
Yup, this is what I use. I use it with an aqua box that I have rigged with both micro and mini USB. I use the box for my Garmin 765T or my Blackberry (ok, the blackberry might not be around long thanks to RIM).

I mounted a TAPP knock off I found for $7 at Princess Auto here in Canada. With the amount of electronics using one form of USB charger or another I thought it was a good idea. I have had the chance to use it a couple of times so far and I am not disappointed. I would recommend it it anyone. The only thing you have to be careful of is that the USB socket is usually not weather proof while in use. Beware of Mr. Sparky! Hasn't happened yet but i have fused it in case. :)

-worney