V-1 Concealed Display

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6mmbr

Reaction score
I have a V1 detector mounted on the left rearview mirror hole site using a custom mount and a magnetic pad. It is too close to me though to comfortably look at the arrows when I get a lock-on tone in my helmet. Therefore I mounted the concealed display unit at the bottom of the windshield as seen in the pictures below. I took off the "W" and the middle windshield screw. I bent a piece of Kydex to the correct angle, drilled a hole and slid it between the winshield and support bracket and replaced the screw. solid as a rock and no buffetting from wind up to 90. The power lead I fed through the windshield support and then down one of the arms. Plenty of space here, no problems with pinching of the wires. V1 of course goes into "dark" mode when the concealed display is active. I usually have the windshield all the way up, but you can see it fine with it all the way down too. Bright sunlight obscures the arrows slightly; I made a sunshade out of Kydex too but thats not in the pictures - held on with dual-lock (not speed tested yet though - although not really needed IMO). I throw a baggie over it with a twist tie to wash (or rain but haven't had the pleasure yet).

pic003.jpg

arrows show the wire:

pic002-1.jpg

other angle:

pic005.jpg

Thanks for looking.

hmmmm...

lost the last picture for some reason.

here it is:

pic005.jpg

www.sdplastics.com

San Diego Plastics.

Can also find smaller quantities at some knife making sites.

Kydex is great stuff. Amazing how few people know about it. You can make almost anything.

PS. Thanks for the parts Randy!

Looks great, I use to keep my detector suction cupped there then it would try to fall off and would have to leave the shield down on 05!

Love the target boogy finder :assassin:

thanks

I had them made for a meeting.

I have some extras.

they are automobile graphics - inside glass mount.

you can have one for $10 (my cost)..PM me if interested.

I mounted the V1 on my Wing inside one of the speaker pods out of sight and put the remote display on the dash and I run the audio into my Autocom. I am trying to figure out a good place to Stealth mount a V1 on the FJR.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: