V stream screen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcat

Reaction score
I inherited a V steam screen from the last owner and tried it out for the first time today. Im 6' 2" and reckon it would be very good for those long tour rides. Doesnt flatter the bike looks wise so for day to day use I'm not going to fit it.

I was just wondering though about the amount of strain a big screen like this puts on the mechanism, it must take alot of force. Has anybody had any problems or breakages of the screen supports or mechanism with one of these big type screens fitted ?

Thanks

110K with most of those being a barn door Cee Baileys including a fair amount at FJR nominal speeds and the OEM fasteners. I hold it now and again with my hand as I go by big rigs with excessive buffeting.

Still goes up and down with the seemingly similar amount of slop as when I first switched windshields.

I've also only heard or remember one failing and IIRC it was because of them screwing with what Yamaha engineered.

There are other things I would worry more about than the windshield mechanism.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had no issues either with about 10K miles on mine. That being said I would not ride near a C-note with it. I do think it would take it's toll on the mechanisms.

+1

Coming up on 10K myself. Love the V-Stream. Mine is also installed with the OEM fastners. I have exceeded 120+ & have had no issues with it. Even when passing those big rigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a V-Stream on my '04 for about 20k mi. I switch mine out in the summer for the stock shield, just to get some breeze, but from March to May, and then again Sept to December, it's on.

No problems whatsoever.