V stream sheild and reflections at night

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbmoore

Reaction score
I just finished the mods on my 06 FJR. I installed the V stream shield and it made for a much smoother ride in all positions, but when riding home last night I noticed the glare from the instrument panel was very distracting almost like a heads up display. In the lowest position it was not as bad but still :huh: distracting, and fully raised it totally killed my night vision and was almost impossible to concentrate on the road ahead.

Has anyone else noticed this with aftermarker shields? I never had that problem with the factory shield. If I can't find a solution, I will change back to the factory shield.

TIA,

Brian Moore

I run a Vstream all winter and never noticed a problem until I added that fog shield insert to my Shoei helmet. The insert causes ghosting that anoyed me initially, but I got used to it. I decided a little ghosting is better than a fogged up faceshield I can't see through.

I'd assume that the solution would be not to raise the shield to it's upper limits. Sorry if this is no help... but sounded like the easiest solution w/o putting the stocker back on.

same thing on the Yami Touring shield. It bothered me at first but I eventually learned to tune it out. barely notice it any more.

Same here. The reflection might be height based. I'm 6'3" and look well over the top of the V-Stream even when it's fully raised.
That was my thought. I have a V-Stream and have never noticed a reflection from the dash. I look slightly over it.