V-Strom Guards + Bar Ends ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faster675

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
**** NEWBIE ALERT ****

**** NEWBIE ALERT ****

**** NEWBIE ALERT ****

ROTF LMAO ;)

... Seriously Now

Anybody have the V-Strom Guards with aftermarket bar ends ?

... yesterday was the "last day" of work for the year, so I got to spend a lot of quality time

in the garage with my new Feejer (05) !

Installed the K&N (previous owner had service done 4000 ago .... stock filter literally looks brand new),

and the R&G Sliders - it was easy with the R&G "dimpling tool" which I got with my 675 sliders - didn't

have to remove the fairings ( !! ), and lastly I finally removed panel "D" to see how easy it will be to

change fuses late at night by the side of the highway :huh:

After the 2nd glass of wine ... about 11pm I decided to tackle the V-Strom Hand Guard install ...

... took 'em out of the package for a test fit ...

.... lo and behold, there are no bar ends on my bike ! (Whisky Tango ?)

So, to the point - any pics of aftermarket bar ends with the V-Strom Guards ?

- do I need stock bar ends for the V-Guards to fit correctly ?

- I've seen a HUGE AMOUNT of posts on aftermarket bar ends, and other

than the ones which people have made one off for themselves, I haven't seen

any that don't look pretty cobby

- any suggestion on where to get the stock ones (other than University Motors ? .... they rock )

**** NEWBIE ALERT ******** NEWBIE ALERT ****

**** NEWBIE ALERT ****

ROTF LMAO ;)

... Seriously Now

Anybody have the V-Strom Guards with aftermarket bar ends ?

... yesterday was the "last day" of work for the year, so I got to spend a lot of quality time

in the garage with my new Feejer (05) !

Installed the K&N (previous owner had service done 4000 ago .... stock filter literally looks brand new),

and the R&G Sliders - it was easy with the R&G "dimpling tool" which I got with my 675 sliders - didn't

have to remove the fairings ( !! ), and lastly I finally removed panel "D" to see how easy it will be to

change fuses late at night by the side of the highway :huh:

After the 2nd glass of wine ... about 11pm I decided to tackle the V-Strom Hand Guard install ...

... took 'em out of the package for a test fit ...

.... lo and behold, there are no bar ends on my bike ! (Whisky Tango ?)

So, to the point - any pics of aftermarket bar ends with the V-Strom Guards ?

- do I need stock bar ends for the V-Guards to fit correctly ?

- I've seen a HUGE AMOUNT of posts on aftermarket bar ends, and other

than the ones which people have made one off for themselves, I haven't seen

any that don't look pretty cobby

- any suggestion on where to get the stock ones (other than University Motors ? .... they rock )

Send me a PM with a mailing address... I have a set I can send you. They are just collecting dust anyway.

Re: V-Strom Guards with aftermarket bar ends.... you mean like this?

FJRTech: V-Strom Handguards with Top Gun bar end weights

So could the FJRTech proceedure be used on the Gen II bikes with the same part numbers? I likey. PM. <>< ;)

I didn't bother with making the hand guards fit/snap onto or in between the bar ends. I ground down the entire clip area so now it just rests against the bar ends. Well technically, the one on the right rests on the grip because of my Vista Cruise.

I also bought these from Garuald for extra wind protection; the cold was whipping up under the guards right onto my fingers.

I have a set of bar end weights off of a 2005 suzuki DrZ400 S(dual sport) they screw right on to the guts on the fjr handlebars and the diameter at the grips edge are the exact size to snap the handguards onto.