V-Strom Knuckle Guards

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knifemaker

Not me
Reaction score
I installed a set of these guards today. But instead of using the reccomended hardware, I built my own. Basicly I made a pair of metal "C's" with the bottom leg being a bit longer. I welded a threaded post on the bottom and drilled a hole in the top. What this allowed me to do was bolt the C to the inside of the guards, and then simply bolt them to the bike using the bottom of the lever pivot bolt and securing it with the stock nut.

The design also moves the guard forward from the bars about 1/2 inch, so nothing needs to be trimmed. (I still had to trim the guards where they fit into the bar-ends of course).

Now I can take them off or put them back on in a few minutes, as the bottom 10mm nut is the only thing I have to remove. (other than the bar-ends)

Photos are in the "Farkle" folder at my webshot site below..(12-24) Sorry if some of the pics are hard to make out, but pic 21 shows a good view of how the bracket is bolted to the bottom of the lever.

KM

https://community.webshots.com/user/CireL

Last edited by a moderator: