V1 Detector

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnCaged

Reaction score
You guys that have the V1 mounted on your bikes, do you have a problem not being able to see the arrows in the sun. Someone was telling me the V1 would not work well on a bike because you can't read the display well enough?

I wanted to maybe have a detected detector for my bike and I like the Arrows on the V1.

Also does your body effect the detector from seeing behind you?

Thank you again for your help. :D

Uncaged

search "concealed display" for one option

the whole shorcut is below:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...ncealed+display

I don't have the "linky" thing quite figured out yet.

putting it on or near the clutch resevoir gives good rear scan, but makes viewing arrows harder.

audio link to helmet gives me best immediate warning.

multiple other threads about V1 and gadget mounting can be searched for.

good luck

Strong direct sunlight will wash them out somewhat in your peripheral vision, but not if you're really looking at them to see which one is flashing. The key I found is piping the audio signal into my earbuds to grab my attention... after that, I can determine what the "details" are by really looking at the detector.

The bit about it not working well on a bike is horsecock. Just ask most of the LD rider community.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys that have the V1 mounted on your bikes, do you have a problem not being able to see the arrows in the sun. Someone was telling me the V1 would not work well on a bike because you can't read the display well enough?
I wanted to maybe have a detected detector for my bike and I like the Arrows on the V1.

Also does your body effect the detector from seeing behind you?

Thank you again for your help. :D

Uncaged
I use the audio connection, once I get a tone I can glance at the unit to tell where the signal is coming from. Trying to look at the unit and determine where a signal is coming from at high speed may not be a good idea. I've been using a V1 for 6 years now. It is the best unit available IMHO.

I use the audio connection, once I get a tone I can glance at the unit to tell where the signal is coming from. Trying to look at the unit and determine where a signal is coming from at high speed may not be a good idea. I've been using a V1 for 6 years now. It is the best unit available IMHO.
+1

Gotta have the audio into your helmet somehow. In fact, I had my V1 mounted, and took it off until I got the audio wired in because it just wasn't useful or safe with me having to watch it. And if I wasn't going to notice it, I figured my chances of getting just a warning were better if I didn't have a detector sitting there.

Anyway, got the audio now, all is well.